Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

ADHD/other mental health problems and carb addiction

3 posts in this topic

I did a water fast recently. After I broke fast, the carbs in my meals quickly increased each meal throughout the day. I felt compulsive and then the next morning I felt more irritable/insecure and less powerful, calm and focused. I can now clearly see how much physical power carbs puts into my body more than I realized previously. Like… with the amount of carbs I’d eat compulsively, in order to stay in a calm state with the level of consciousness/order of life I’m at, I’d need to be like perpetually jogging/working out/fucking girls…. I don’t have the time and resources to actually do this obviously. The imbalance it causes is real and I could see how it effects my ability to rest. There is other health problems, hopefully just nutrition imbalances/social issues, I know because I feel the need to rest often. It’s like i need to rest because of some unknown health problem but can’t because of my carb consumption; and I can’t really stop to think about anything clearly if I surrender to the addiction. I’m going to do another fast next week, this time when i break fast I will have almost no carbs and see what happens.

im curious how many people get labeled with a mental health issue diagnosis when it’s something to do with their relationships with carbs, rest, and exercise… like… this is crazy. If I continue to feel as calm on no/low carb as I do while fasted yet I have energy it will be a real miracle for me personally and I’d love to try a psychedelic asap if that was the case.

What sort of carbs were you consuming? 

Complex carbs like fruit? Or crappy carbs like bread and cereal?

If you are prone to compulsive eating, how would fasting help you? I think it'll only intensify the problem. People tend to overeat after they fast. It's a biological response.

one day this will all be memories