Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caelanb

Possible U.S. rightwing dictactorship by 2030

5 posts in this topic

It's great people are waking up, better late than never I guess. A theocracy is also an outside possibility. The Overton window is so far to the right now, that the center-right is apparently the far left, and anyone left of that on any issue is called an extremist, it's beyond ludicrous.

I feel sorry for Canada because I like that country and it will inevitably be pulled further right itself through America's sphere of influence. It'll be a time to see if people are willing to fight for democracy or not, because that is what it will take in many countries.

I think the red states splitting off and forming their own country is more likely.

2 hours ago, Raze said:

I think the red states splitting off and forming their own country is more likely.

Why would they need to do that if Republicans take back control of the House, Senate and Presidency? I think what's more likely is Blue states forming pacts and not recognizing the federal government as legit when SCOTUS and a Republican led Presidency and Congress steadily erode our civil rights. 

What will America look like? Well we can look at other countries who've had similar issues to get an idea. It will be minority rule and the country will be at the mercy of 30% of the country. Far right militia groups will become more emboldened and hate crimes against non-Christian Whites will become so frequent they'll go unreported. Protests will be violently crushed. Regular citizens who align with the new far right regime will be deputized and encouraged to target and turn in dissidents who dare speak out. Mock elections will still be held every election cycle to give voters the illusion they have a choice but in the end it will be one party rule.

Meanwhile, the country will become more racially diverse despite the regime's best efforts to curtail it. Wealth inequality will continue to explode. Climate change will wreak havoc on infrastructure costing billions of dollars worth of damage on a consistent basis. And a large, but politically nuetered majority of Americans will generally become increasingly dissatisfied with the ineffectiveness of right wing policies. A resistence movement will be formed but with no real pathway to impact national change via electoral politics. IMO that is when the possibility of civil conflict will become more pronounced. 

However for the forseeable future, I think we'll be subjected to minitority rule with far right groups acting as the brown shirts of Germany to spread fear and insecurity to anyone they view apart of the opposition.

Or we could just vote in overwhelming numbers in 2022 and 2024 to completely defang the Republican party for good. There will still be political violence but a lot of the chaos could be mitigated. 

Edited by abundance

23 hours ago, BlueOak said:

I feel sorry for Canada because I like that country and it will inevitably be pulled further right itself through America's sphere of influence. It'll be a time to see if people are willing to fight for democracy or not, because that is what it will take in many countries.

Hopefully Canada and Mexico well be able to stand for democracy and against the dictatorship of the U.S. if it goes to the far right, but it would be a challenge. There is also the possibility of emigration to Canada or Mexico for those that don't want to live in a dictatorship (which I would understand).

17 hours ago, abundance said:

Why would they need to do that if Republicans take back control of the House, Senate and Presidency?

This seems pretty likely because Republicans would probably try rig to the election in their favour.

If the Republicans take back the three back I would like to believe that it would be excruciatingly difficult for Trump/republican party to change the constitution like Putin did to bend the rules for their own self-interest. But once/if that happens, f*ck, who knows what will happen. It would be very weird dystopia time for both Canada and Mexico.

A big problem now (from what I have heard) is that if Trump doesn't get in troubled because of January 6th, than it'll happen again, and it'll probably be worse.

But as my dad says, hopefully there are enough people with the right mind to keep the U.S. democratically stable. And that's why voting is so important!

20 hours ago, Raze said:

There is a TLDR News US video that discusses a similar thing. In summary, it's pretty unlikely, but still possible.

One other thing I will say is that watching American politics, predominantly the right, makes for some entertainment because of the sh*t that happens. Probably not great because of the fact that's it's not SNL even though it seems like it.

:D