SamEuphoria93

How To Get More Out Of Visualization

7 posts in this topic

What are some high yield techniques for getting maximum gains from visualization? I have been spending 15 mins a day doing visualization involving picturing myself living my ideal self-actualized life in the present moment and my results haven't been what I want them to be. I've been doing this for 3 weeks. I noticed an increase in  passion and motivation in the first week, but then it waned and now I'm struggling. 

Thanks in advance, 
Sam

Hi!

I've  had this problem for about six months, I'd start of committed but than visualisation would wane, I found the reason was when First starting I was excited at possibility of something coming true, but as it went on I stopped thinking of it so optimistically and it become a chore. Visualisation should be enjoyable if it's not it's probably not working. To solve this spend a minute before visualising imagining it's here. Eg my visualisation is for humour so I spent some time describing what's I want than imagine it eg "I'm now hilarious around anyone" I than feel grateful for having it like it has just been granted in that moment, than see the visualisation as just a way to practice using the humor which I already have, not something im hoping for in the future.

So

1: Describe to yourself what you want eg "I am now rich"

2; Be grateful as though when you described it it just came true.

3: Now see your visualisation as a way for you to enjoy whatever you just described.

This worked for me because it forces me to feel like I have it which brings back the excitement from right at the start of visualisation.

tldr: Don't use visualise to see what you'll have in the future, see it as a way to already have whatever you're visualising right now in this moment.

Visualize the process. I would say that's 20% that gives you 80% of the results that you want from visualization - achieving the goals visualized. Visualizing the outcomes alone is effective, but it's very easy to just think about the goals, feel good and then totally not do it. Visualizing how you overcome the challenges and how you feel throughout the process is what truly puts your mind on track.

@heisenburger Ha! NAILED IT BRO! Thanks!!!!!!

@Wind I would suggest not incorporating any challenges in your visualizing. Different hints work for each of us of course. I think it's important to make a life journey in terms of the cleanliness and clarity of one' such thoughts. I am at a point where I don't need to consider the challenges because my vision is so strong that I don't encounter any. In my experience, "challenges" arise from thinking in terms of effort and completion. Because I know I am infinite, I see that nothing could ever be "done" or complete. So challenges to one person, are just the next fun thing I'll get insight and experience from to another. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/8/2017 at 1:51 PM, Phil said:

@heisenburger Ha! NAILED IT BRO! Thanks!!!!!!

@Wind I would suggest not incorporating any challenges in your visualizing. Different hints work for each of us of course. I think it's important to make a life journey in terms of the cleanliness and clarity of one' such thoughts. I am at a point where I don't need to consider the challenges because my vision is so strong that I don't encounter any. In my experience, "challenges" arise from thinking in terms of effort and completion. Because I know I am infinite, I see that nothing could ever be "done" or complete. So challenges to one person, are just the next fun thing I'll get insight and experience from to another. 

I see your point, but I'm talking about micro-process visualization rather than macro. Visualizing the process of a certain task or a particular day plan thoroughly has an incredibly positive effects on when you're actually executing as you've already "been there". It's really powerful. Yesterday I visualized myself preparing for my exam including the organizational process of what materials I'm going to be studying first and which topics are the most important to cover, as well as imagining myself persisting, feeling amazing at the end of the studying and how this is going to affect my life in a positive way. It made me motivated as hell.

@Wind Awesomeness. 

If you see something pleasing you smile, if you fake a smile for a couple minutes, you feel happy. If you accomplish something you feel great, if you feel great you accomplish something. The key is feeling. Meditate and focus on how you feel. Grow it or expand it as much as you can. Just focus on feeling, the physical sensation within, as wonderful as you can for no reason other than it feels great, and everything in your life will be like the smile.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE