Olly

Feelings of Terror/Paranoid on Mushrooms

4 posts in this topic

Whenever I experiment with mushrooms (2-3grams), I can experience this terrible sense of paranoia. About a month ago I saw a helicopter followed by an aeroplane in the sky and somehow deceived myself to believe they were coming for me... Sounds funny in hindsight lol. I also felt like people were laughing at me like I was some sort of clown. Not pleasant at all.

The other day I tried a low dose of 0.5 and the paranoia wasn't as bad however I still had a sense of uneasiness to myself. I'm starting to think that perhaps that these are issues that already exist in my psyche that the schrooms seem to expose? 

Can anybody relate or make sense of this?

They amplify what's already there. Sometimes it's a more acute awareness of what's actually the truth of things if your mind is more pure and mostly devoid of delusions, in that case it reveals more of reality to you.

But sometimes it's the amplification of what you perceive as reality but not entirely accurate.. and amplifies a "bias" we have maybe due to our past/conditioning. This is more like an area that requires "healing". (Sorta similar to how some people imagine entities for example.)

What this shows is you may have an unconscious perception of reality that is "colored" by this paranoia and the trip is showing you this. For reality to be revealed accurately to you one has to "clean out the room" first (clearing personal biases, conditioning, ideas about how reality works..etc).

I guess maybe the thing to dig is where you sense this may have come from? Have you been bullied/followed before? Do you feel unsafe in your environment or felt unsafe in the past?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

13 hours ago, Olly said:

Can anybody relate or make sense of this?

Yes, this is psychosis. Look it up. Not uncommon. Be careful, this is not stuff you need to work through, you need to re-examine your compatibility with the substance. You don't want to wind up in the looney bin. That shit does happen. Sometimes people don't snap out of that paranoia for days and freak everyone out.

These days I rarely mess with mushrooms unless in very small doses. I've had psychosis twice on 2+ grams. This is not a problem I have with LSD. LSD is almost always peaceful and joyful even up to 250ug.

I'm not sure if this applies to you, but be careful smoking pot on psychedelics. For a lot of people it brings on anxiety and often leads to bad trips. IMO, the combo just isn't necessary.

It might be due to low blood sugar levels. 

Also, everyone has a different level of tolerance with psychedelics. It might benefit you if take smaller doses of mushrooms, you only need a gram to have a good experience imo. 

Edited by vindicated erudite