Extreme Z7

Upgrading To The Maximum Level In Life

357 posts in this topic

Hey man congrats on the 100th post and keeping up with this journal consistently!

I like how you are constantly creating things in your life so that's awesome. I dabbled very briefly with fruity loops a few years ago.

I'm a multi-hobbyist like you. When I was in high school I used to do a lot of graphic design, flash animation, web design, programming, gaming, etc...

I'm interested in seeing the games you develop. Share the game once it's finished!

Powered By Love

@ZenBlue Thanks! You have no idea how obsessed I am with finishing this new game. I started work on it last year and after several months I've gotten good progress in it but I still think it will take more months until I get anywhere near finished. I'm a single developer but I recently asked one of my college-mates if he was interested in helping me with the background art.

This game is a 2D platformer mainly inspired by the Crash Bandicoot series. I'll likely release it as a free product but I feel like I should get some payment for all the effort I'm putting into it so maybe I'll put up a donation campaign for it when I reveal it to the world.

<--[03-18-16]-->
Pondering the Future of this Journal

I wonder how this journal would be like once I really start getting the results that I want. I can't help but notice I mostly post about mundane happenings in my life and my petty troubles with academics. What would be my attitude to it? How will I see my past self? How much personal growth am I going to notice? This is just some stuff I decided to think about just before I wrote this. Anyway, let's just get to what I did today.

I decided to focus mainly on academic/college work today. I know I complain about it too much in this journal but I think it's about time I just deal with it and get what I need to do for it over with. It's only going to be for a few months anyway. I'm also going to focus tomorrow on more college work because I have quite a lot of programming to do as a computer science student.

Decided to buy a new book today. It's called "The Magic Ladder to Success" by Napoleon Hill. Napoleon Hill seems to have built his career out of writing books about success-building. Quite interesting but what's really interesting is that the book warns you not to read the book without taking notes. I've never had a book tell me that before. Of course, I'm going to do it. I have a bunch of green index cards I can use to write with

Didn't work much (at all) on creative work today. I want to focus for now on academic life. I'll get back to creating things when I can.

Becoming Steve Jobs is still in my queue of books I want to finish reading. I may want to talk about it again when I'm done.

Finally I ended today with something I'm not proud of. I spent 2 hours today just watching Let's Play content. It's been a while since I decided to let go and watch junk content for quite a while. I won't be doing it often obviously, definitely not going to waste hours of my time doing stupid shit everyday.

<--[03-19-16]-->
More Actualized Life Prep Work

As I said in yesterday's entry, I wanted to dedicate today to only doing academic programming work. I did just that only I shouldn't have been surprised at how inefficient I felt. The task was just so boring that I couldn't focus on it properly. I procrastinated for about 45 minutes total during the 4 hours I spent doing the work. On the other hand, I decided to bumble about with FL Studio and I had no complaints because thinking of different ways I can create and arrange sound was actually challenging to my mind.

It should be really clear now why this mundane college work really gets on my nerves. I'm tired of having to spend hours of my time on boring tasks that I need to do to keep living in a house but don't fulfill me in any way. It's not the fact that the college work is programming that makes it boring, it's just the fact that I don't feel like I need to put any creativity and it's just not challenging enough.

*sigh* oh well, few more months and then I'll graduate. I better have fucking clear plan of what I'm going to do by then. I know what I WANT to do but that's only half the solution of the problem.

Good News though, I actually finished writing that new blog post but I haven't posted it yet because I have not yet re-read it for spelling and grammatical errors. Also, I have not yet added images to the post. This new post is a Retro Review for the PlayStation Title "M&M's Shell Shocked". I'm not really sure yet what type of content I want to put in the blog but for now I can only think of doing game reviews.

16 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

<I wonder how this journal would be like once I really start getting the results that I want. I can't help but notice I mostly post about mundane happenings in my life and my petty troubles with academics. What would be my attitude to it? How will I see my past self? How much personal growth am I going to notice? This is just some stuff I decided to think about just before I wrote this. Anyway, let's just get to what I did today.

Same here... I think that if we just keep writing and trying to apply Leo´s teachings one day we might not recognize ourselves anymore in how we used to think/write or read old posts and laugh about them. It is a long journey though... The thing is to make it a habit. I am trying to write something and check my goals every day, even if I do not really have much to say (that would be super relevant).

3 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

*sigh* oh well, few more months and then I'll graduate. I better have fucking clear plan of what I'm going to do by then. I know what I WANT to do but that's only half the solution of the problem.

I had the same thought recently. On the one hand what I am doing right now is not bad but it is not the real thing. We need to take advantage of our spare time now to prepare actions and strategies for afterwards, otherwise I am afraid that we will end up just as unsatisfied as we are now...

<--[03-20-16]-->
@&*&($#&$(&@#SKADNAKSNDKJHJNKASJNDKASNLABELSARENONSENSEASODJASDJ

I just watched Leo's new video and did some meditation work shortly afterwards. This is a really really really good video. And I'm happy that I'm one of the rare people on Earth to have been lucky enough to have stumbled upon the schools of thought (which ironically are schools that teach stuff beyond thought) to actually understand what Leo is trying to communicate. I really hope he has struck something in the minds of even just at least 5 rationally minded people out there. I know most rational people are going to have really dogmatic reaction without realizing how petty and dimwitted they look to post-rationalists. I don't mean to be blunt and I know that it may seem like I'm trying to say I'm above rational thinking but really I'm not. Like Leo, I just wish more people were to experience real spiritual awakenings and realizations of the Matrix we're living in as a society. It's quite bad really what's going on around the world in people's minds, the chimpery, the lack of awareness, the lack of love for life, delusions of wisdom, delusions of intellectual superiority. All of that are stuff I personally like to blame on excessive worship of rationality.

You may be wondering what's with the gibberish title for this entry. Well, I didn't think I wanted to come up with a rational title for today so I decided to arrationally let my hands go free to type what they want.

Anyway, time to get down to what I did today. Finished some college work that needed to be finished. Listened to some good podcasts while I was doing it.

Worked on some music production because I felt like it but ideas were slow and I completely forgot to let my emotions involved in the music creation process.

Hmmm. . . I'm going to finish that new blog post I was working on. I just need to take some screenshots of the game I was reviewing, put it in the entry then publish it.

After that, probably going to read a book or something.

That's all for today and remember, pay no attention to Mr. or Mrs. chimp while your living your daily life, mm'kay.

I haven't watched the new video yet, but I get what you mean about the chimpery. I wrote in my blog a post that tells people to wake up and unplug from the matrix. Rationalizing everything is a lower level consciousness mind. We need to achieve higher levels of consciousness to move above that and see reality for what it is. 

Powered By Love

<--[03-21-16]-->
Don't Mind Me. Just Trying To Self-Actualize Here

So it's Monday again, this means that my college schedule for today will take up most of my time. To the point where I had so much to do today that the schedule ended at 7pm. I hadn't even meditated yet which means I had about an hour of free time then I had to do meditation then go to bed then sleep. I'm actually writing this on the Tuesday afterwards because I didn't even have enough time to write this at night.

Anyway, I did manage to spend about an hour making some music and I've also got that new game review finished in my personal blog.

What I did like about today is that I tried to sneak in a little self-actualization work while in the middle of academic activities. A little 15 minutes before next lecture? Let me just read this new self-help book I just bought recently.

I was not perfect at reading. Of course with all the other people roaming around, it's a little distracting. So I may have to re-read some of the stuff I read to actually get it drilled into my subconscious.

The book I'm reading by the way is the same book I mentioned in <--[03-18-16]-->.

<--[03-22-16]-->
Chasing Dreams

Today was a pretty weird day, I woke up and I decided to lie in bed and think about stuff for a few minutes (Okay, I'm just too lazy to get up). And amidst the stories of fictional worlds my mind sometimes creates, I actually had a vision of all the positive changes that could happen in my life in the future. Last time I had something like this was during meditation some time last week. I don't know, they're different from just thoughts about what can be achieved in life. Kind of like faint mental videos that play that almost overwhelm my emotional self. Sadly the emotions and visions are usually then flooded over by reality and the boring, mundane stuff that don't interest or stimulate me in life.

Speaking of which, you know what does stimulate me in life? Making music. I MADE A NEW TRACK!

This isn't hardcore techno like I've been posting before. It's just straight up emotional electronic music. I named it after the mindset I feel like I'm in over the past weeks. I'm just chasing faint visions all the time. I love it when I get an emotional hit from some external source or internal vision or thought but they are extremely rare occurrences. I think I've only ever had three or four in my life including the one I had this morning.

I really have to value these visions a lot more. It's impossible to get the motivational high that is possible simply through remembering what it was like. I really have no choice but to wait for whenever the next one comes and just savor the moment.

My emotional state is mostly a state of mild stress or boredom or tiredness or being in a procrastination mood.  I have a lot to learn about being in a productive state of mind or even what's been called the "flow state". Which is a state I wish could have everyday (I imagine, it's possible). I don't think I'll ever be able to have that if most of my time is still spent on activities I feel are not aligned with what I authentically want.

<--[03-23-16]-->
-_-

I want to write my entry early today. This is because I want to talk only about my meditation session today and nothing else.

So I started by telling myself that I wanted to do a 1 hour Strong Determination Sit but 5 minutes into the sit I changed my mind and decided to do it zazen style instead (Zen Meditation). I managed to get myself really really still during this session. Very little unnecessary movements. After about 20 minutes, I started to get a sense that my flow of thought seems to be slowly releasing itself from my awareness. It was like there was still a stream of thoughts in my consciousness but they didn't seem like they were mine. It was like they were just arising out of absolutely nothing. After about 10 minutes I could feel strong negative urges to stop the meditation. It was getting a lot for my mind to handle. My awareness was focused incredibly in my vision and the electric fan that was positioned right in front of me. The thoughts and the urges could do nothing. After several more minutes my field of awareness felt like it was expanding. It was like increasing a FOV slider in a video game except there was a monkey on your back constantly nagging you to stop doing it and just get back to the game. After several moments, my mind started to drift to sexual fantasies and urges. I admit I got sucked into it. It was just too enticing. When I snapped out of it, my body suddenly jerked and I bowed my head down with exhaustion. My streak of being extremely still and quiet was broken and my awareness took a few steps back.

"I think God just kicked me out of his house", I thought

Despite my higher self telling me against it, I decided to check my timer. 8 minutes left. So I probably spent a good 40 minutes in a very aware state. I felt my lower self tell me to just spend that 8 minutes lying down and relaxed but of course I decided not to listen. I decided to get back and do the remaining time. "I wonder if God will still let me back in". During the last parts of the meditation I probably just hung out at God's front porch. I would describe the state I was in the first part as being in God's living room though. I had more sexual imagination crop up but the timer rang and I just stood up and walked to the nearest soft couch and rested my body. Released the tension, the sexual imagination disappeared, and ultimately, I felt like I just had a very valuable experience.

I felt like I gained some rare tidbits of wisdom from God today but yet I feel like there is still much more to learn. God's house incredibly difficult to get to and staying inside for a lengthy period of time is a completely different story. I did learn that God absolutely hates it when your attention gets lost in complex movies that play in awareness. He'll kick you out before you even realize it. But God is very forgiving, He is the ultimate forgiver. He does not even care that I keep referring to him as a "HE" when in fact he's not even anything.

. . . I wonder if He cares that I'm writing about him in this journal. What does God actually care about though? o.O

<--[03-24-16]-->
Pondering Life Purpose

I haven't bought Leo's life purpose course yet, can't afford it. For now I've just been pondering and thinking about what kind of life activity I will find the most worthwhile in life. I thought today about the different pros and cons and emotional attachment I have to creative hobbies like game development, software development, music, drawing and even animation. Here are the results:

• Animation: I actually found myself drifting away from animation the more I thought about it. I've always been a fan of animation especially western cartoons. I just love the wacky style and imaginative events that occur in most western cartoons. So fun to watch. But the more I think about what it would actually take to make good animations, it just overall felt a bit too far way from my strengths in life. I've actually had been considering animation for months now and even had ideas for cartoons back when I was in high-school but they were only vague ideas that were only in my head that I didn't bother to write down on paper because I was so naive back then. I think it's a good thing that I'm realizing that going down the road of animation is probably not that worth it in my life. It would help narrow down my target and increase my focus. Still, doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested to get opportunities to learn as much as I can about animation but I probably spending hours per week trying to master this field.
  • Software Development: I am really good at programming and it's one of my biggest strengths in life. There's one big problem though. I have no emotional attachment in developing general desktop software even if it is going to improve the lives of other people. It just doesn't feel like the kind of creativity that would be authentic to how I think and come up with ideas. The fact that I have almost no emotion towards this field makes me distance from it even more than I do with animation.
  • Game Development: I would say a big 'definitely' but within strong limits. I want to make games but only within limits and targeting only specific niches. I do not care for the most popular of video games nowadays and the most successful of mobile games. I'm a retro-hardcore nerd. I want to make games that challenge people's intellect and reflex skills while at the same time building game worlds that the player is interested in so much that it makes them want to learn about it more from a fan-made wiki page. I can probably build a good career out of being a game producer but games take a lot of time and money.
  • Music: Music is something close to my heart ever since I was a little kid, just like video games. In fact, video games was the medium the introduced me to the beauty of music when I was little. Unlike games, I don't want to limit myself with music. I want to learn and do as many different styles of music before I do. I don't know, I seem to have a very very open-minded and adaptive ear. I can listen to all sorts of music and flow with it even if it's really distorted, noisy, or experimental. However, when I thought about it a bit more, I realized that only doing music in my life would not be fulfilling enough for me. Music is too easy and takes considerably less time to make compared to making games and drawing, speaking of which. . .
  • Drawing: Drawing is something I've had strong negative emotions towards for almost all my life. I've never built up the skills to be good at drawing at my younger years. Which is a shame because I have so many ideas for visual art that are flowing in my head. I tried drawing at the earliest  months of my personal development journey but I stopped after a few months. Looking back I noticed something that I didn't notice before, I was running on insecurity instead of passion. The more I think about it, the more I feel a sense of hidden passion towards drawing things (specifically cartoons) that the intense insecurity was masking. The more I develop my conscious awareness, the more I feel like this blob of insecurity is slowly fading and I could actually see a love for visual ideas that I have not imagined for myself before. I decided to spend a good chunk of today going back to drawing again. I decided to draw a cartoon robot and use it as my new profile picture. I really feel like I'm discovering a hidden source of light behind a looming shadow that I've been in fear of for most of my life. So this is what I ended up with:

screen_of_ez7.png

Result: It's probably a really good thing that I've identified that software development and animation are things I should not bother to focus on. On the other hand, I already know that I really love games and music and that it would give me intense joy to pursue both these fields. I want to make games that target my favorite niches but I really want to master the art of being a musical genius. I've also identified my insecurity with drawing and my awareness has somehow revealed some emotional desire to also be really good at this field especially with cartoons.

Total Summary: Games, Music and Drawing but focus a lot on Music

@Extreme Z7 Awesome progress man! It seems like you made so many self discoveries about yourself and your life the past week.

The track sounds pretty good. I can feel the emotional state you were in when creating. I feel that sense of longing and chasing after the dream you so desperately want. I also feel the sense of optimism and hope that you will reach that goal and are continuing on with your journey.

Result: It's probably a really good thing that I've identified that software development and animation are things I should not bother to focus on. On the other hand, I already know that I really love games and music and that it would give me intense joy to pursue both these fields. I want to make games that target my favorite niches but I really want to master the art of being a musical genius. I've also identified my insecurity with drawing and my awareness has somehow revealed some emotional desire to also be really good at this field especially with cartoons.

It's great you have discovered how to narrow your focus and put your attention and energy on the things that resonate with you the most.

Keep it up man seems like you are about to make some serious breakthroughs :D