Max8

Debunking Solipsism

5 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's deleted video on solipsism and he was basically saying that solipsism is true since everything I perceive is withheld  or occurs only in my direct  experience and therefor this is all a dream and you guys and Leo is just a dream character  that I am imagining. 

but of course one of you who are reading this could think that i am the dream character and you are imagining me and a third person could come and say that we both are fake and he is right and a fourth person could say that all of 8 billion people are fake and he is imagining them. and if you are older than me you know that you existed before i was born. 

and when you ever have a mystical awaking and all of notion of others collapses 

I will be here living my normal life while you think that i am fake dream. 

you see it does not make any sense,

Leo never addressed this point well in his video he kept basically saying: just accept that you are imagining others, go verified it for yourself by taking drugs and hallucinating that others are fake, if  i did that im sure i could be convinced that i am imagining you guys but then again leo have already done that but here we are living normal life while he thinks we are fake.

what's your opinion on this ? 

Go watch his video 3 times and pay attention to every word. Stop looking to others to verify for you what you can verify. You have access to the same video we do. What he is saying makes perfect sense if you actually spend time contemplating. So contemplate, spend time and actually contemplate.

The first awakening people have is of NO SELF, that I am not a self. So what does that mean if you as an individual is not a self. They say the Ego is imaginary, well the Ego thinks it is a self. So of the SELF is imaginary then how does that connect to Solipsism?

Ask questions and actually contemplate. Spirituality is all about doing the work. We could tell you, but it will just be a concept. When you experience it, THEN you will understand. You can't think your way to enlightenment. I've tried it, it doesn't work. 

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86

as i said for sure i could do certain practices of brainwashing or consume some drugs that will convince me that i am imagining you,  but you right there have awareness and life of your own and know it so how come you imaging me while i think im imagining you ?

that's the argument that makes solipsism collapses. 

57 minutes ago, Max8 said:

therefore this is all a dream and you guys and Leo is just a dream character that I am imagining. 

The "you" that you think you are is a dream character that you are imagining.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

21 minutes ago, Max8 said:

@Razard86

as i said for sure i could do certain practices of brainwashing or consume some drugs that will convince me that i am imagining you,  but you right there have awareness and life of your own and know it so how come you imaging me while i think im imagining you ?

that's the argument that makes solipsism collapses. 

It is not meant for you to awaken in this life time. So you can go spend another 100 lifetimes. Eventually you will get it. Or you could put the effort in this life time and not have to spend 100 life times. The choice is yours. Waking up is inevitable its just how long do you want it to take?

Its a shame The universe (you) have given yourself so many clues yet you fight it.

Here is one: "Row Row Row Your Boat Gently Down The Stream, Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily Life is but a DREAM."

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86