Jonsey

Lost my job today at Amazon :-(

27 posts in this topic

@Arcangelo

I'm sorry brother, but I have no choice but to drive for uber because I have no choice but to be a slave because I know no other way out of this madness I put myself in for not seeing the writing on the wall sooner rather than later.

My delayed response to my ultimate demise cost me dearly. I thought, at my old job, I had a family . I thought I had comrades in arm when in reality those arms weren't arms at all but chains full of lies and deceit. Chains full of lies and betrayal from the people I thought had my back.

The chains held me so far down the rabbit hole I couldn't see what was right in front of me. I couldn't see the writing on the wall because I was blind to the realities of the facts of life. The realities that keep this world spinning whether we like it or not. Whether we care does not matter to the world at large because the world doesn't give a shit about our petty little problems. Our silly little dreams mean nothing to the planet because it's only job is to spin and only spin. And if we die in the process of it's spinning so be it!! It makes no difference to the world. And it'll make no difference to you or I as well because in the end, we will be dead, and the world will be what it will always be a world spinning until the end of time.

I know you may find what I am about to say somewhat disturbing, but at this point in my life, I find comfort in being a self imposed slave. Sure I could strive to do greater things but what would be the point of doing those things if they fail to amount to anything great? When the time is right I will take a leap of faith and if I land somewhere that is good and wholesome I will come back for you and I will come back for others so we can create a new world order in a brave new world with brave new things to accomplish and marvel at for the next generation of people who want to be more than uber drivers for the rest of their lives and more than self imposed slaves for the rest of their days.

Brother, if I have to lose a thousand battles to win the great war I will do so because I will be doing it for you and those who love you and those who care about the promise land at the end of the rainbow full of sugar and candy on a mountain full of love!!!

I think that not necessarily the "stigma" (as much as it can be considered stigma to go into burnout from exploitation) of the first job precludes this, indeed it could even demonstrate your motivation. In any case try to put money aside and prepare an external situation of independence (such as a vegetable garden and a side hussle. It is probably very difficult because at amazon they are not renowned for leaving too much free time, I think it's a bargaining strategy, being all that the worker has will do everything not to lose the position.

Crying is good, but don't overlook the fact that this could change your life in a meaningful way, I can't immagine how the shock hurted to you, but this change could become a good thing in the long run!

I got the job at Moms Organic. I start work August 2nd. Stage 1 complete!

I'm going to miss making $200-$300 a day Ubering, and I am tempted to NOT go through with the new job and stick with Ubering, but I think long term, the job at Moms Organic will be a better fit. 

@Jonsey Hey hope you're doing okay. If you need money you need money, no need to moralize about it.. I see too many falling into the opposite trap of trying to be spiritual with money when they do just need more savings in their bank account and some basic things. There's nothing wrong with satisfying material needs/desires. 

Best of luck at your new job.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

get into sales bro. high ticket stuff -- solar, roofing, software... and so on. easy $100k in a year if you work your ass off (if not way more)

On 7/24/2022 at 1:20 AM, puporing said:

@Jonsey Hey hope you're doing okay. If you need money you need money, no need to moralize about it.. I see too many falling into the opposite trap of trying to be spiritual with money when they do just need more savings in their bank account and some basic things. There's nothing wrong with satisfying material needs/desires. 

Best of luck at your new job.

Thanks Purpor!! And thanks for your support and wise words! :-)

On 7/24/2022 at 1:30 AM, PenguinPablo said:

get into sales bro. high ticket stuff -- solar, roofing, software... and so on. easy $100k in a year if you work your ass off (if not way more)

I'd rather get into sales involving the integration, cultivation and connection of cannabis. Maybe through the medicinal use of cannabis(or any other healing plant), I could get to a point where I can have the passion and skill to work my ass off and sale those kinds of items for a massive payday.

Time will tell I guess. Solar is definitely the future though.