Gabith

Urge to talk about the Truth

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

When I see my father (once a month) I've noticed that I always end up talking about awakening/God... But even though he is someone who seems intelligent to me, he is totally closed to it. He studied spirituality and did LSD once when he was young but he ended up believing in science. 

Today before I went to see him, I told myself "okay this time avoid talking about existence/God..." 
But the unconscious took over after he told me about Darwin's theory, I got interested and asked him questions which again led to me telling him about what I realized.

I see my tendency to want to share the truth with him even though I know it is impossible. I have this desire that my father know because I love him. 
He is very negative and does not have a positive/healthy view on life or death and I think that he will suffer a lot the older he gets and the closer he gets to death.

I reassure myself that he will "see" when he dies, but ideally I would like to remove this urge to talk about these subjects with my loved ones.

What is there to learn here? 
Have you experienced the same situation? 

It wears off over time. Your realization was fairly recent so the desire to share it is stronger. The realizations are for us only. It can be nice to share after someone else has already initiated sharing their own. But generally to introduce it to others who don't have a reference experience of their own is a waste of time unless they questioned you about it.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Haha it's like you described my father. I stopped saying anything like this to him. And it even got worse, he got super angry with me and he thinks that I am trying to be like Jesus or a prophet. He got this whole thing backwards and he sees me as a super dogmatic stage blue worshiper. And he wants me to come prove all these things to him through science. xD

Even a few friends that I haven't spoken to for 2 years, even if they haven't met me in person since covid came. Just because they heard that I have tried LSD (through a mutual friend) they think that I am a devout evangelical. The irony and the comedy in this is just xD

The thing for me to learn was to stop telling these things to people. Unless they themselves alluded to it. Or people that I know are spiritual. And I mean, even them. You tell them a thing or two that aren't aligned with their beliefs and their journey, and some of them just lash their ego out on you.

It is what it is. You can show love and appreciation for what and who your family/friends are. You are only going to hurt yourself if you try to "force" this upon them. Even if you try to tell it in a calm, practical, pedagogical and peaceful manner.

Trust yourself and who you really are. And realize that you are your own sovereign being. Give yourself the validation you seek.

Also, maybe try to find like minded individuals. But I get it, you want to share this with the people that are the closest to you.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”