Someone here

Some quotes from the matrix movie and my interpretation

6 posts in this topic

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes"

Here there is a hint that taking some psychedelics (5-meo), mystical experiences (Samadhi) will turn you into a seeker for life.

The blue pill is never having enough faith to seek one of those experiences, and continue to live an ordinary life.
The red pill is having the courage to have one, taking the risk to see that everything you thought to be true is a lie.

"What is real ? How do you define real ? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain"

"Have you ever had a dream Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world, and the real world?"

Pretty straight forward teaching about how what we call « reality » as no more legitimacy than our dreams.
There is no way to differentiate the two, because unless you have a lucid dream, you have no idea you’re dreaming.

Your last dream was also full of realistics perceptions (electrical signals interpreted by your « brain »).
So by definition, there is never a time that you can be sure that this life is « real » in the traditional sense of the term.

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming ?"

Early line from Neo in the movie, it hint something extremely simple.

If you actually stay alone for a long enough time, and if you had some experiences in lucid dreaming you can’t say you’re not dreaming.

You would honestly not know.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I related with Cypher for a bit. Basically the personification of "ego backlash" or "ignorance is bliss". He wanted to wipe his memory so he could go back to living in the Matrix, cause he hated knowing the truth and living in the real reality. He regretted taking the red pill.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid I think the film makers most certainly did not intend to hint at what i said, although too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I think the film makers most certainly did not intend to hint at what i said, although too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

Philosophers have always been contemplating such things, even if they didn't specifically have psychedelics in mind. They could see that our definitions of "real" are a bit flimsy and arbitrary, and that basically cuts to the root of spirituality.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

34 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I related with Cypher for a bit. Basically the personification of "ego backlash" or "ignorance is bliss". He wanted to wipe his memory so he could go back to living in the Matrix, cause he hated knowing the truth and living in the real reality. He regretted taking the red pill.

I think the metaphor is like this..When Morpheus asks Neo to choose between a red pill and a blue pill, he essentially offers the choice between fate and free will. In the Matrix, fate rules .since the world is preconstructed and actions predetermined, all questions already have answers and any choice is simply the illusion of choice. In the real world, humans have the power to change their fate, take individual action, and make mistakes. Neo chooses the red pill...real life.and learns that free will isn’t pretty. The real world is a mess, dangerous and destitute. Pleasure exists almost entirely in the world of the Matrix, where it’s actually only a computer construct. Cypher, who regrets choosing the red pill and ultimately chooses to return to the Matrix, views any pleasure, even false pleasure, as better than no pleasure at all. Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, and the others in Zion, of course, value free will and reality no matter how unpleasant they may be. The trilogy  simply  suggests that everyone has the individual responsibility to make the choice between the real world and an artificial world.

-Osho

the wachowskys were fans of 5 meo if I'm not wrong, so it's obvious where the whole story came from. the best thing for me is when neo sees codes, that reality is a creation, an idea. Really powerful scene. The worst thing about the movie is that they kept humans as a source of electricity. what a dumb idea. They could have said they kept them because they needed their real nature, or whatever, but not that nonsense, lowest efficiency possible. anyway, the movie is great. 

Edited by Breakingthewall