Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShardMare

How to message people to learn from them?

2 posts in this topic

How to actually interview them?

Where should i write to them casually? 

I dont have a linkedin profile. 

Or i find good subreddits where i can find succesful people?

Offer value first before trying to take. Lots of people try to get advice or help from successful people. The more successful you are, the more moochers will try and take from you. Really popular people are getting hundreds of requests a day. Set yourself apart from the unwashed masses by actually offering them something. Most people who reach out for mentors aren't serious, they're wasting their own time and the other person's.

If they're local, offer to take them out for lunch and pay for it to pick their brains. Work for them for free if you have to.

Successful people are busy, don't waste their time. 30 minutes every 6 months is all you need. If you set limits it'll be more successful then "can I email you whenever I have a question". Have a specific goal in mind going into the conversation, not just "tell me everything about X". Learn everything you can on your own before talking to them. You should only be asking them very nuanced questions that you couldnt find through researching on your own. Every time you meet with them, show them you've actually implemented their advice from the last time you spoke.

If they have a website, that's the best way to contact them.

Lots of world class people have already done dozens of interviews each in most areas of mastery that you can get on YouTube for free. Really question if you need to learn from someone 1 on 1 or if the information is already out there.