Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OKO

Emotion: Fear And Intellectualism's Hint

10 posts in this topic

Don't resist emotion, but calmly and neatly exercise the Intellect though present with mood (or emotion; namely fear). Care and value are self-imposed, and fears require them to be at stake, but sometimes indifference cuts attachment and makes way for patience so that one can exercise the intellect and begin finding a way to preserve the very things you became indifference about. Don't resist emotion, be present and exercising the intellect despite it... and it will not be an obstacle to reasoning. However, at first this may seem far-fetched, but most intellect flies under the radar. Just how far under the psychological radar? It is mostly misunderstood. For example, some people have said, "I know what I want to say but i can't put it into words." when in fact what they cannot described is a language... just not as mainstream as english, spanish, or german. So whether or not you will recognize your intellect is neatly operating as you attempt despite presence and nature of any emotion (mood) that I cannot say because I'm not quite sure about your caliber of discernment.

Now, the mind cannot stop moving because mind is constant; as I said, some thoughts fly under the radar. But, though thought cannot stop moving, you can determine the direction it goes via steering. If you have a lot of wisdom, you can steer within safety.

Now, concerning danger, one cannot assess it until a plan is formed (unless safety is gained inadvertently). Thus research is required first of all and it is the wisest first response, because planning requires research. Remembrance is a form of research. But fear alone (emotion in general) cannot formulate a plan by which safety is acquired. Thus, because time is of the essence in the face of danger, begin with the essential: research and planning. Better to, if you must die, die pondering and planning... than without a plan but two sufferings (the first being fear and the second death). Therefore the path of least suffering sometimes involves indifference. Again: Care and value are self-imposed, and fears require them to be at stake, but sometimes indifference cuts attachment and makes way for patience so that one can exercise the intellect and begin finding a way to preserve the very things you became indifference about. Thus, the path of least suffering is efficiency because one must begin with the essential. Exclude inessential psychological processes.

However, fear isn't an obstacle: the obstacle is not exercising the intellect in it's midst; because danger increases every second you aren't prepared, and a plan is necessary if you wish to assess the situation. It is that very way with mood. The idea is not to resist emotion but to let it be and focus on exercising the intellect, because reasoning is reasonable. Therefore rationalize and reason despite the presence of emotion, because despite it's volume it cannot prevent exercising the intellect or surgical application of indifference whereby one lacks enough care to be patient and make more precise decisions.

Edited by Gabriel David

@Gabriel David This is poetic and lovely, I'm in total agreement about not resisting emotion....so important!

....I'm a little confused though...can you tell me how you define "intellect" specifically for these *fear* based situations? Where my thoughts seem to differ, is on all of this planning...and precise decisions... I am starting to embrace Leo's idea that fear is never useful. So, planning, for safety reasons is sometimes logical (like bringing special equipment when climbing a mountain)....for the most part, I feel that too much planning can actually perpetuate fearful thought spirals....as it leads to "what if's" for me.....I am learning to have more trust in my capabilities without planning, and in the universe to help.....what do you think?

On 2/3/2017 at 7:59 PM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Gabriel David This is poetic and lovely, I'm in total agreement about not resisting emotion....so important!

....I'm a little confused though...can you tell me how you define "intellect" specifically for these *fear* based situations? Where my thoughts seem to differ, is on all of this planning...and precise decisions... I am starting to embrace Leo's idea that fear is never useful. So, planning, for safety reasons is sometimes logical (like bringing special equipment when climbing a mountain)....for the most part, I feel that too much planning can actually perpetuate fearful thought spirals....as it leads to "what if's" for me.....I am learning to have more trust in my capabilities without planning, and in the universe to help.....what do you think?

I wanted to change the topic information, because I had a breakthrough. You were factor in this.

The idea is to allow emotion. Allow me to explain:
You may grow in anger as you become impatient while ignoring the pain you feel sitting on your legs. The message is to allow blood flow to your legs. Emotion expresses a message to do with the survival of the fittest. Emotion is an inner guidance and teacher with more affection and attention for you than you've for yourself. At least listen to emotion, rather than to resist it, and learn a lesson. If you learn the lesson of efficiency, you may willingly move your leg and let the blood flow. The desire to flee rather than to flight, too, is a lesson of efficiency.

SGT Rory Miller once said "It is better to avoid than to run. It is better to run than de-escalate. It is better to de-escalate than to fight.”

I found it better to commence fulfillment of an idea after it's every attribute has become the topic of emotion. When without emotion: I began reasoning; and with emotion reasoning seemed faster.

Edited by Gabriel David

Emotion is happy with you, concerning your spot in the survival of the fittest.
Emotion is sad with you, possessing a level of gentleness yet assertiveness (it is reasonable).
Emotion is angry about you/with you (reasonably) ... but a message is present with anger, and sadness concerns what you should be conscious of.

As for remembered emotions, they are no longer apply to the present because they were according to a former present. The present emotion concerns present matters. If you try and summon a past emotion, you may feel a yearning to dwell more on the current affairs because such is gone... it's because you have grieved the teacher as the teacher is trying to school you.

Totally on the same page about "allowing" emotion. I often assumed I was "allowing", when I was only experiencing a little of it (beyond what I could suppress). I have a feeling that simply denying that our past emotions have any relevance in the present may cause issues. The same way our perceptions are like looking through layers of lenses coloured by past experiences, our emotions seem to be the same. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember exactly how Leo describes it..but I can give you an example with Teal Swan. She teaches us, when we go into our present emotion, to follow it back through time, eventually to the first time we felt it (usually in childhood). She uses this method to transform the past, thus transforming the present (all connected). For me, one of my most important recent understandings has been about the correlation between emotion and intuition. We can learn to use our emotions like barometers for our intuition....when things are, or are not in alignment for us....

@Epiphany_Inspired I learnt something similar, that emotions are our implicit memory store. While we don't remember certain events (explicit memory) that may have led to certain traumas in us for example, the emotions do tell us and we can resolve those issues by working with those emotions we experience in the present. 

This is useful because it means we don't have to sit there trying to remember what may have happened in childhood, the emotions already have the gist of the problem we need to resolve 

I'm rewriting this reply because I found newer information.

On 2017-02-03 at 8:44 PM, Gabriel David said:

Don't resist emotion, but calmly and neatly exercise the Intellect though present with mood (or emotion; namely fear). Care and value are self-imposed, and fears require them to be at stake, but sometimes indifference cuts attachment and makes way for patience so that one can exercise the intellect and begin finding a way to preserve the very things you became indifference about. Don't resist emotion, be present and exercising the intellect despite it... and it will not be an obstacle to reasoning. However, at first this may seem far-fetched, but most intellect flies under the radar. Just how far under the psychological radar? It is mostly misunderstood. For example, some people have said, "I know what I want to say but i can't put it into words." when in fact what they cannot described is a language... just not as mainstream as english, spanish, or german. So whether or not you will recognize your intellect is neatly operating as you attempt despite presence and nature of any emotion (mood) that I cannot say because I'm not quite sure about your caliber of discernment.

Now, the mind cannot stop moving because mind is constant; as I said, some thoughts fly under the radar. But, though thought cannot stop moving, you can determine the direction it goes via steering. If you have a lot of wisdom, you can steer within safety.

Now, concerning danger, one cannot assess it until a plan is formed (unless safety is gained inadvertently). Thus research is required first of all and it is the wisest first response, because planning requires research. Remembrance is a form of research. But fear alone (emotion in general) cannot formulate a plan by which safety is acquired. Thus, because time is of the essence in the face of danger, begin with the essential: research and planning. Better to, if you must die, die pondering and planning... than without a plan but two sufferings (the first being fear and the second death). Therefore the path of least suffering sometimes involves indifference. Again: Care and value are self-imposed, and fears require them to be at stake, but sometimes indifference cuts attachment and makes way for patience so that one can exercise the intellect and begin finding a way to preserve the very things you became indifference about. Thus, the path of least suffering is efficiency because one must begin with the essential. Exclude inessential psychological processes.

However, fear isn't an obstacle: the obstacle is not exercising the intellect in it's midst; because danger increases every second you aren't prepared, and a plan is necessary if you wish to assess the situation. It is that very way with mood. The idea is not to resist emotion but to let it be and focus on exercising the intellect, because reasoning is reasonable. Therefore rationalize and reason despite the presence of emotion, because despite it's volume it cannot prevent exercising the intellect or surgical application of indifference whereby one lacks enough care to be patient and make more precise decisions.

@Gabriel David

Can you describe the essence of this in one or two lines?

On 2/10/2017 at 3:53 AM, Vanish said:

@Gabriel David

Can you describe the essence of this in one or two lines?

I've had some more experience examining, contemplating, and recording concerning this topic.

The next post will quite possibly be the greatest ever on Actualized.org (I've long worked with simplification, which has helped me maintain order rather than a jumbled bulk of a mind... slowly I've built upon factual premises, forgoing the inessential one's, and I've found something monumental). All without the use of machines. I highly recommend deducing, rather than surmising. Doubt and belief both require trust to be placed, to deduce is to properly lay the blocks of your tower. Sit tight, because it (the aforementioned) will come soon. I'll call it: "An Answer: Self-Actualization in Actuality"

In that post I'll describe the manner (partially the aforementioned, concerning "building") of self-examination, clear the confusion between the psychological and the non-psychological, and more. Most of my prior posts were written in words I wrote despite not quite knowing how to put what I know into better expression.

Edited by Gabriel David

@Saarah Thanks so much for that. Sometimes I felt that I "should" remember these specific memories in order to evolve...and if I can't it's really frustrating... but I've realized you are right, we often only need the emotion. I've also just discovered that it can be the same with beliefs. You don't have to actually track down every limiting belief in order to bust it,  as long as your focus is well above and beyond, you can still transcend them...thanks again...