Husseinisdoingfine

Dear Leo, please make a blog post on Don Beck’s recent passing

43 posts in this topic

For whatever it's worth, and this might be wrong, I get the sense that he may have developed some form of dementia towards the end of his life which might explain his unusual behavior regarding certain things

@Topspin715

2 hours ago, Topspin715 said:

For whatever it's worth, and this might be wrong, I get the sense that he may have developed some form of dementia towards the end of his life which might explain his unusual behavior regarding certain things

I think the main deeper problem is more insidious than that: it's hidden left biases and this obsession with bashing Donald Trump by a few moderators here, the old generation of mods, like he's a Donald Duck whack a mole version for those with a seething hate to conservatives. It's quite unreal. 

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Topspin715

I think the main deeper problem is more insidious than that: it's hidden left biases and this obsession with bashing Donald Trump by a few moderators here, the old generation of mods, like he's a Donald Duck whack a mole version for those with a seething hate to conservatives. It's quite unreal. 

People, especially intellectual people, don't understand what he represents at a primal and emotional level - there are real and important reasons our democracy is under a lot of stress and trump truly is a festering symptom

though i do think that it is worth considering Beck as potentially having suffered from dementia to make it a bit easier to respect his life's work rather than how he presented himself towards the end

they all took so much from clare grave's without giving sufficient credit IMO but both beck and wilber have put out work that was very valuable to me so i am grateful

due to changing domestic and geopolitical landscape, the GOP has swung from neoconservatism to paleoconservatism in the past 6 years which very few people seem to understand yet and the transition has been ugly

Edited by Topspin715