Electron

The Cause Of Unconsciousness?

4 posts in this topic

Since being conscious makes us feel aligned with love, and the experience of love makes us conscious. Is it the absence of love that causes unconsciousness? That causes us to rush through life, get compulsive, impulsive and small minded ?

Edited by Electron

@Electron IMO, the cause of all that mess is ignorance. Which is not knowing what you essentially are. So it all starts with knowing the answer to "Who am I?" Once it is known, all (well most) of ignorance is killed.

Probably the following will sound heavy spiritual mumbo-jumbo - :D So you can skip it, if you like.

Consciousness is there in presence of love and also in absence of it. Love or any other feeling/emotion happens in consciousness, not the other way round. In fact I've never experienced an "unconscious" state of myself. It is not possible to do that for anyone. If you are experiencing "unconsciousness", that is - total absence of consciousness, then who is conscious of that experience? You see, it is paradoxical, impossible, its an error to even say that I was unconscious. Its nothing but an assumption resulting from ignorance of who you are.

Thanks to Rupert Spira, who cleared it up for me. You can find that in one of his videos, he explains it much better :)

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

4 hours ago, Electron said:

Is it the absence of love that causes unconsciousness?

Yes. Love is the greatest alchemy. A man who loves himself takes the first step towards real love.

Love has not been allowed by any culture. They have forced love into a very small tunnel: you can love your wife, your wife can love you; you can love your children, you can love your parents, you can love your friends. And they have made two things so deeply rooted in every human being. One is that love is something very limited – friends, family, children, husband, wife.

To make you spiritually weak they have found a sure method, one hundred percent guaranteed, and that is to teach you not to love yourself. If a man cannot love himself he cannot love anybody else either. The teaching is very tricky.

They condemn self-love as they condemn nothing else – and they have made their teaching look very logical. They say: "If you love yourself you will become an egoist, if you love yourself you will become narcissistic." It is not true. A man who loves himself finds that there is no ego in him. It is by loving others without loving yourself, trying to love others, that the ego arises. 

Fear. We're comfortable where we are. We don't know that what's in store for us. Usually a lot of emotional labor that we fear.

We are afraid of what we will have to do with our new understanding. That is usually projected onto the person trying to communicate insight. He's hated because he's the one who showed them how in someway they're inadequate and they have to work on something.

"We fear our highest possibilities. We are generally afraid to become that which we can glimpse in our most perfect moments, under conditions of great courage. We enjoy and even thrill to godlike possibilities we see in ourselves in such peak moments. And yet we simultaneously shiver with weakness, awe, and fear before these very same possibilities.” ― Abraham H. Maslow

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --