Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

"Other people", the mystery remains...

2 posts in this topic

What do we know about "other people"?

We know that they are not actually "over there" out in the world. We know that like all limited things every part of them is an appearance... Like when you look into a mirror. You know the person in the mirror is just an appearance and where the awareness resides is not inside the mirror but here.

We know all people are here.

We also know there's not really any such thing as a "person". The only thing there is to people that can be pinned is a sort of pattern. E.g. the appearances constantly change moment to moment, but some patterns are predictable. We can know a fan of a certain band is likely to pick them on Spotify to listen to. Just a kind of pattern of unfolding. But no person.

We aren't people either aside from that. And of course that's what the "cycle of death and rebirth" and reincarnation really means. Not bullshit about your soul going into a donkey... It's the fact that the appearance changes constantly. The cycle is escaped when you stop identifying with the appearances and with the backdrop which is the thing which never began and never ends (time appears within).

Now... When another person does look at me in any case, my shape appears as though I am out somewhere inside space apart from them. These appearances are not the same as the one of the shape of their body which is taking place........

How is this working... The universe obviously ends when you the person dies (because time ceases to appear so the end is reached instantly). True for everyone. Unless you are resurrected for a bit via cryogenics or some bizarre shit. But eventually it ends and the end of the universe is reached......

And at that point, every point of awareness should collapse into a singular, like the inverse of the big bang where a singular exploded into many. And then presumably back out again...... But these points of awareness..... How does it work exactly?... The concurrency of it all is where the confusion remains.

Many explanations are offered, but I don't think anyone has given a convincing answer. Thinking about it is brain-bursting.

And it will forever remain a mystery until you awaken to what other is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.