LadnioT

Third Eye

8 posts in this topic

Hi

i just want to know what you think about the third eye chakra..

can we discuss about this?

I'm going to quote my "meditations" book from Swami Satyananda here,

"It is the famous eye of intuition, through which one who is physically awakened can view all events on both the physical and psychic planes." 

When I've concentrated on it, I feel I'm part of a higher consciousness, as if I were guided. Though I know that's my predisposition to feel it that way, since I've studied it. I think chakras might be just a belief, we are just believing on its power, and maybe by believing feeling it?

2 hours ago, Pamela Zamora said:

"It is the famous eye of intuition, through which one who is physically awakened can view all events on both the physical and psychic planes." 

He is talking about "physical and psychic planes."  These are both phenomenal.  They are things than can be perceived.

Psyche has to do with mind and mental concepts such as soul, spirit etc.  It is a subtle realm of mind, but still mind.

"Awakening" is the realization that mind, which is thought, is not who you are.  You are not the body, nor the mind, nor the psyche.

joy :)

When I do my readings (I am a medium and connect with those who have passed over) I see spirit with my third eye. :D

Yes - This is phenomenal experience - we live in a phenomenal universe - if we can perceive it then it is an object of our perception.

Anything one "sees" with the sensory organs (5 commonly known senses) or with the imaginative capacities (which would include all ideas of third eye etc.) is a phenomenal experience and thus limited.   These are all objects of awareness.  The perceiver is the subject, everything else is an object of perception, including other people and and ideas of self and "spirit world".  This is not to say that it is wrong to engage in such pursuits, but to dwell in those areas is to not understand what is actually going on and it is limitation.  It is an obstacle on the road to liberation.

joy :)

Edited by walt

@walt ,

I completely agree with you. I also think that consciousness "plays" sometimes in a way that is above our current understanding of things. It does so in the form of "facilitators" (channels, mediums, past life regression, etc, etc. etc.)...

I see it a bit like your beard... it choses to grow it, or not! (I personally think it looks very cute on you) :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

20 hours ago, Pamela Zamora said:

I'm going to quote my "meditations" book from Swami Satyananda here,

When I've concentrated on it, I feel I'm part of a higher consciousness, as if I were guided. Though I know that's my predisposition to feel it that way, since I've studied it. I think chakras might be just a belief, we are just believing on its power, and maybe by believing feeling it?

I've tried opening during meditation but can't seem to do it.  Any advice?

@Ramu I am no expert and I haven't "opened it"

I would say that it would be good for you to read about it, my dad knows a great deal on yogic meditation, he says that the chakra connects us to our guru, and I tend to believe so too.

But I think that's just a metaphor (I think the guru is just the "real self", wholeness or as Leo would put it "nothingness"(or at least a real guru would try to make us see that)) either way, just focus on perceiving reality, feel that location for what it really is, without worrying or trying to get to a goal, that would be the real approach to me. 

But still, I'm no expert, if you want deeper insights, I would suggest for you to read Swami Satyananda, or Niranjananda approach to chakras.