kray

Thinking about doing 10 day Vipassana retreat

6 posts in this topic

I was thinking about doing a Vipassana retreat right before I start my first job. I know it would cost me a good $1000, but would it be worth the money, especially right before my first job. Is there a risk of it coming in the way of my performance at my first job?

@kray

You will be extremely concentrated to whatever you do; hope that this is not problem for your boss :D. No, but it is possible to have ultimate ego backlash after retreat, but as long as your mind is pretty stable I wouldn't worry about it too much. Also why the retreat would cost 1k? Is it because of distance?

Who told you that "others" are real?

2 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@kray

You will be extremely concentrated to whatever you do; hope that this is not problem for your boss :D. No, but it is possible to have ultimate ego backlash after retreat, but as long as your mind is pretty stable I wouldn't worry about it too much. Also why the retreat would cost 1k? Is it because of distance?

I just watched a video of Leo doing a solo retreat, and he said that for a Vipassana retreat, you would have to throw at least $1000. More if there is travel costs involved. 

@kray

https://www.dhamma.org/en/index 

Here is a link for free vipassana retreats around the world. I would save the money and go here when it is possible. 1k is so much that actually you could travel to different country to participate to the retreat and get high quality teaching, free food, free housing and see other country aswell. I would think about this possibility a while.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

4 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@kray

https://www.dhamma.org/en/index 

Here is a link for free vipassana retreats around the world. I would save the money and go here when it is possible. 1k is so much that actually you could travel to different country to participate to the retreat and get high quality teaching, free food, free housing and see other country aswell. I would think about this possibility a while.

-joNi-

Thanks for the reference @Kksd74628 :D

Go to a free course.

You should definitely do it. It will make you better at your job. A course is worth sacrificing stuff for because it really has the potential to push you many steps forward in development.