Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Insight Into Suffering

29 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@SgtPepper I still think you're judging, you've just gotten more sophisticated in your judgments.

Idk what it would mean to live a life beyond morality, but as long as you categorize reality into good parts and bad parts, you will divide yourself and suffer it.

yeah I am judging, but consider how Judging is necessary to be wise, virtuous, and conscious. Not necessarily judging others, but behaviors and their effects. Boundaries are necessary to have an effective system too. 

Like, If I came into your living room and took a shit on the floor, surely you would not own that behavior as if it were yours. Or let's say someone asked you to be their slave, are you going to recognize that as you asking yourself to be a slave and so you say yes to serve yourself?

It's just not realistic or how we intended this world to play out.

At a basic level, if you can't categorize reality into good and bad, you will walk off a cliff or end up homeless under a bridge. Or do something stupid like Charles Manson did.

I'm not saying, go walk around deeming x as bad and y as good and boom you're free; I am saying it's about being conscious and accurately assessing the situation of life.

These distinctions are more about recognizing your true Self versus a false self to me. But even if it was division; let's play with that idea, that's not a bad thing. If look around at the world and see, ah this is all of my creation, all the 'good' and all the 'bad', and it's actually all Good, I'd still miss that who I am transcends all of this into infinity. So I am not rape, success, video games, music, or murder; although I am perfect enough to contain it. 

It's definitely a paradox.

@SgtPepper I think you're justifying behavior that if you were sensitive to it you would realize carries lots of unnecessary suffering 

4 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@SgtPepper I think you're justifying behavior that if you were sensitive to it you would realize carries lots of unnecessary suffering 

9_9 I think we're misunderstanding each other. Less suffering exists when we are wise & virtuous is my point. 

@Raptorsin7 your learning.  Remove attachments and you don't suffer.  Judgment is an attachment.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@SgtPepper That's true, but the belief in right and wrong/good and evil creates suffering. I haven't transcended it yet, but it's pretty clear that the entire construct is an energetic drain and not necessary

@Raptorsin7 another thing.  Suffering is not evil and it is not  bad.  Only the ego mind puts that label on suffering.   There is nothing wrong with suffering.  Being mortal is to suffer and to suffer is the point of being mortal.  Don't demonize it.  Suffering actualy grows you and brings you closer to God when you don't judge it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Yeah the issue is the whole idea of labeling something bad. If you label suffering bad you will resist and adverse to it, which just makes the suffering worse. 

I'm still struggling to fully integrate this. There may be other mental habits or attachments that are still creating a lot of suffering, but if I can let go of the good and bad mindset it would lead to a huge release of energy and growth 

21 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Inliytened1 Yeah the issue is the whole idea of labeling something bad. If you label suffering bad you will resist and adverse to it, which just makes the suffering worse. 

You got it.  You are even judging suffering. You can even judge judging.  You can go meta and then go meta on being meta.  That's not what will set you free.  What will set you free is realizing you are finite and have bias.  What you are speaking of is bias.  And bias is so that you can survive.   It's OK to want to survive and have bias and I think that's where you are going.  There is  no need to judge survival.  In other words, don't judge judging.  It's OK to judge.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

9_9 I think we're misunderstanding each other. Less suffering exists when we are wise & virtuous is my point. 

Okay i re-read your post and i get where you're coming from more.

I guess my overall point is to be able to react to what we see in the world without reaction and physiological/energetic response. The act of labelling the world into good and bad creates mental suffering, but if you can look through eyes of equanimity that's what I would want. 

But there is an integration with how to act in the world and how it informs your decisions etc, but I'm not there yet