Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vishnusavestheday

Why do our dreams scare/humiliate us? Fear/social punishment thread.

4 posts in this topic

What is the cause of our imagination to want to inflict premonitions of danger unto itself? I was having a wet dream one night, and during the dream I had sex in a public coffee shop. Upon orgasm, the woman disappeared and police gathered around the scene-- to make me feel that I did something wrong. To reinforce this idea, my mom came to the said coffee shop sounding like she was notified by the police that her son was there-- ejaculating alone in some restaurant booth (fucking lol). By the look of their "concerned" eyes, I was fully lucid dreaming at this point, so I walked over the cops shoulders and they didn't do shit as I walked out half naked.

It made me wonder, why do our imaginations try to threaten us? Does it not know any better than to just stay out of the perceiver's way? What sense of "knowing any better" really belongs to us? Is "knowing better" something residing in the structure of God, ego, or is it a compromise? Obviously it has to do with our conceptual survival mechanisms, but what radical decisions in life would you encourage to disbelieve fear? Is that even a wise thing to do?

Some normal examples include asking out that one girl you met, quitting your job if you hate it, etc. Radical meditations upon fear are stealing, rape, and murder.

Since fear is our conditioning mechanism, therefore love is our deconditioning mechanism. Love is bold.

Feel free to share any fear breakthroughs you've had tripping, dreaming, meditating, or just sober. I'm bored. O.o

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

18 minutes ago, vishnusavestheday said:

It made me wonder, why do our imaginations try to threaten us?

Threat feels real. Consciousness wants infinite "realness" to its dream. Imagine reality, if every fear exploded in pink hearts and unicorns if you felt it. 

1 minute ago, Vynce said:

Threat feels real. Consciousness wants infinite "realness" to its dream. 

True. Is Real the only layer that can be added to reality? Layers upon layers of "real" when challenge really is imaginary limitation. Have you been able to "change" the flux of consciousness wanting "real"? Or is the waking state always subject to the limiting feelings of realness, and you just have to get used to it?

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Many questions here. I want to focus on this one.

13 minutes ago, vishnusavestheday said:

Have you been able to "change" the flux of consciousness wanting "real"?

My ego is not in power of changing the flux of consciousness. If you ask my ego, I want "un-realness". I want achievements without work. I want love without selflessness. I want freedom without letting go. 

For example: Real depression, in an unsatisfactory job, is there for me to seek out my true purpose. If this depression would not feel real, there is no motivation to change. 
In that sense "realness" curves my way back to ever growing, infinite Love.

Edited by Vynce