Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dillinger

Thoughts On The Venus Project

5 posts in this topic

You will find this interesting if you are looking for truth or explanations for the counter-intuitive world that we currently live in.

The Venus Project is an organization started by futurist Jacques Fresco. It proposes a new economic system where money is no longer used to obtain the necessities of life.

Poverty, religion, ignorance, crime, war, governments, police, prisons, laws, private property, social-inequality are eliminated and a new global human culture emerges based on a new set of values related to cooperation, resource management, environmental maintenance and restoration, scientific research, large scale automation, technological development, self-actualization, health and well-being for all people. Profit-seeking would be seen as a barbaric practice in the world they propose.

I am someone of an expert on this subject. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

How does the message of the Venus Project fit with what you know about self-actualization?

http://thevenusproject.com

I just looked at the website of this project. And I got some questions.

How are they financing this whole project?

Are there possibilities to participate?

The vision of the project seems nice. Definitely better than our orange system. But is this even possible in the 'near' future? Isn't the orange society to stuck right now to become even just a little bit more green. Wouldn’t corrupt business men try to stop this project? I'm sure it will work out somewhen in the long term, but right now?

I was completely obsessed with this a few years back and it really seam like a perfect transition in to a great green society.

There's a few small problems but they aren't that big and can easily be solved by making different cities work under different preferences so let's say one city keep money even if it would only be used to a very limited extense and one city might start using that language Jacques keep on talking about while another city might be a nudist city or something, who knows.

Do that and the only problem remaining is how to start everything of, to answer Quantums first question - 
They don't plan to build it in this monetary system but want people to gather together and build it without payment (except they'd have a pretty awesome reward being able to live there afterwards).

In theory this sound great but people are so stupid I don't think it ever gonna happen which is a real shame.

This seems be an utopic new model of society that can be implanted withing a territory control or delimitation.

This kind of things are only tested and evalueted on a practical real world exercise.

It's focusing more on rasing funds to start the test than something already going on right now.

Kinda utopic on this stage, but it's a great idea.

Note: Didn't realise there was another post about this sorry,http://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/395-the-future-of-humanity/. I'd go and look at that one instead.

Hi there,

After reading through the topic How Would You Change Our World? How Do We? it got me thinking of The Venus Project.

It's quite hard to sum up everything that it is about in a short amount of words so I would recommend going on to the website where everything is explained nicely there. But for now here is a wee video to give you an idea:

https://youtu.be/mX6Y0D8WACA

I believe this would be a really great idea, although realistically I couldn't see this happening in my life time :(

Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this as an alternative to our present society, thanks :)

Edited by Eccles