NightHawkBuzz

How can I think correctly when I am encountering strangers and people I don't know?

4 posts in this topic

I have noticed that I am way to nice to strangers and people that I don't know. I'm worried because somebody could be shady or dangerous and I am not protecting myself because I am not thinking correctly. I've noticed that other people have the mindset and say things like "I don't know you", "I don't know this person" "your a stranger", or "your someone that I just met". I never think like this or say things like this.

I feel like I am way to comfortable with people I don't know and wanna know how I can stop. I feel like my mindset is way to open with strangers and I don't think of any of these things when I encounter new people.

Why did you start thinking this was a problem? Some times people can put ideas in our head about how we should  be or it can be result of a bad experience. Treating people nicely is what we should all be doing. Instead of changing how you treat people you should add boundaries you aren't willing to let others cross. So instead of changing how you treat others you are now changing how you treat you by protection yourself.

This is great actually dont change it! You only need to know how to read and asses people by learning how different peole are,seeing patterns which comes with experience with dealing with people etc.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@NightHawkBuzz

How can I think correctly when I am encountering strangers and people I don't know?

22 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

I have noticed that I am way to nice to strangers and people that I don't know. I'm worried because somebody could be shady or dangerous and I am not protecting myself because I am not thinking correctly. I've noticed that other people have the mindset and say things like "I don't know you", "I don't know this person" "your a stranger", or "your someone that I just met". I never think like this or say things like this.

I feel like I am way to comfortable with people I don't know and wanna know how I can stop. I feel like my mindset is way to open with strangers and I don't think of any of these things when I encounter new people.

I'll share with you my opinion but take this with a grain of salt. I am not a formally trained sociologist or anything.

I think it is in your best interest to not over analyze situations but instead be more street smart. What I mean by street smart in this context is pay attention to the general vibe people give off to you, especially energetically (Are you psychically aware?). If they give of a general vibe of hostility and shadiness, interact with them less. If they give a general vibe of friendliness and "I've got my shit together", then interact with them more.

If you do this in a party you will eventually feel safe because you will feel connected to good people and together you can all collectively protect each other from hostile and shady people.