Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuriousityIsKey

Would taking ayahuasca in a dark room give me true knowledge or make m more ignorant?

4 posts in this topic

Would taking ayahuasca in a dark room give me true knowledge or make me even more ignorant?

All I want is truth. But don't know if ayahuasca will just make more ignorant instead of showing me truth.

I also am, kinda at the point of my life where I kinda don't care anymore about anything in this earthly life. Been depressed for over 10 years, so it is kind of natural maybe that I dont care anymor elol. So trying to find the truth of existence seems to be the worthwhile. I mean one cannot run away from truth forever right? Or can one?

I know me asking this kind of question here might be not smart  because of the positive bias this forum has towards all things psychedelic.

But alas, I count on the integrity of the people here.

Edited by CuriousityIsKey

@CuriousityIsKey well ive taken it a few times in a retreat. It really is relative what you are going to experience because it just brings up various feelings, traumas and knots that were buried deep down in your self (the unconscious part of yourself) and then you just have to face them and try to understand what you experienced(Its maybe helpful if you can talk to an experienced shaman or individual about your trip). After these knots have been realeased you will mostly have a wonderful trip. So we can say you are going to experience exactly what you need to experience to help you further along your path. 

Ayahuasca is without a doubt a powerful tool for healing. Truth = Healing, and you can experience some profound psychological and even spiritual truths about yourself. It's great that you did not give up yet and consider every possible way to truth, but doing ayahuasca alone for the first time is a bad idea. You could seriously harm yourself and complicate your journey to the truth. Consider if you want to attain truth and healing to do Ayahuasca, but to do it with Shamans. From my perspective, it is not wise to separate Ayahuasca from the ceremony and the professional guides there. The ceremonies can change your life, as they did for me. So if you want to attain truth consider saving up some money for a ceremony this will help you to come closer to who you are.

Edited by max duewel

Since we are mainly a story driven species, I think it would make the most sense to respect the way and history of this plant medicin, by doing it as it is intended to be taken. In a ritualistic setting with a experienced shaman present. Otherwise, you might end up with more confusion or delusions than you already may have today.

Just as it could be very confusing to jump to the end of a movie, inorder to speedrun to the ending plot. It could make some sense if the movie is very shallow, but more often than not, it would probably create more confusion and misunderstandings if skipped forward. If you are determined about taking Ayahuasca, then I would make it a journey where you work your way towards it during a set time period where you have a daily spiritual practice to accompany what you either seek to disolve or strengthen whitin yourself.

I have not taken Ayahuasca myself, but I have looked into it quite a bit for curiositys sake, so I'm not claiming or offer any real insight about Ayahuasca here, this is simply my neutral sober perspective on it.