Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Fellow Lighter

Isn't it more accurate to say --

46 posts in this topic

We share the same soul or we are one soul. Rather than saying that other minds/bodies/spirits don't exist and everyone else is being imagined? Of course, this is only in the context of soul referring to that all-encompassing essence of all existence. 

In discussing consciousness, there is no reason why one should negate the self or other-self, and individual freewill, for the sake of reconciling the diversity of the universe with the notion of one God. Why can't God be diverse, why can't s/he divide and multiply as much as s/he wants while retaining nonduality? In this world we can clearly see everyone working to actualise their personal dreams/visions/ideals, so why can't creation be a co-creation?

Are you not your own individual? Do you not have history, do you not have ancestry? Have you walked and struggled no journey in order to reach where you are now? So why say you have no self? And am I not also my own individual? Why should one of us be a dream for the other to be a God?

I just don't get it.

7 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Why should one of us be a dream for the other to be a God?

You are imagining your human self into existence the same way You imagine everything. :x 

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Yes what you implied is the truer view. I would add that it makes sense if you define god as the creator principle, or pure awareness. There is then also something beyond god as defined here, which is not awareness and not creator and has no memory, no identity, no attributes whatsoever, you may picture this as some sort of black hole. Both god and that which is beyond god can be realized because they are not different from you.

1 hour ago, Anahata said:

You are imagining your human self into existence the same way You imagine everything. :x 

This is vague. Are you saying everything is my imagination, including your actions?

1 hour ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Yes what you implied is the truer view. I would add that it makes sense if you define god as the creator principle, or pure awareness. There is then also something beyond god as defined here, which is not awareness and not creator and has no memory, no identity, no attributes whatsoever, you may picture this as some sort of black hole. Both god and that which is beyond god can be realized because they are not different from you.

We must not be using the same semantics in talking about God. For me, God is that which rules over every beingness, there is nothing greater or beyond this. And for me, Love is God - Love is the highest power.

I don't consider myself different or apart from that which is God. I merely use the term God  as recognition of the highest power - not as recognition of a being apart from me. I do not define that which is God, I recognise it. Love is God. Most people aren't truly awakened to this truth, they genuinely don't recognise what love is. So when I'd speak to someone about it, I'd use the word care instead of love. Then teaching becomes easier, for everybody knows what it is to care. 

1 hour ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

I would add that it makes sense if you define god as the creator principle,

Principle or Power? I don't see love to be a principle as there is nothing to compare it with. Instead, I see it as the Power of Creation rather than principle of Creation. It is the source. 

2 hours ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

There is then also something beyond god as defined here, which is not awareness and not creator

There is much of creation that is outside our awareness, my friend. Thus, we have a lot to awaken to in our journey of self-realisation. The key is love: the more we care is the more we grow aware. Only s/he who cares - learns.

However, there is nothing that is beyond Creator's knowledge, for knowledge is existence and existence is knowledge.

Just now, A Fellow Lighter said:

This is vague. Are you saying everything is my imagination, including your actions?

Try to think about something that happens outside your direct experience. If you become conscious of something like that, then you're dreaming it up the same way you're imagining this screen, these words, the light and the sounds.

8 minutes ago, Anahata said:

Try to think about something that happens outside your direct experience. If you become conscious of something like that, then you're dreaming it up the same way you're imagining this screen, these words, the light and the sounds.

Yeah, but I'm not imagining you type the words, you're doing that all on your own. Aren't you? 

Besides, even if my direct experience is imagination, the world doesn't cease to exist simply because I shut my eyes and fell asleep. Actualized.org members would still be on this forum talking about whatever they'll be talking about. 

even if my direct experience is imagination, the world doesn't cease to exist simply because I shut my eyes and fell asleep. Actualized.org members would still be on this forum talking about whatever they'll be talking about. 

Once you fall asleep at night, your direct experience/reality turns into whatever you're dreaming about, then, as you wake up from the nighttime dream, your dream/direct experience becomes whatever you get to experience in the waking dream and so on.

Edited by Anahata

In order to return to this waking reality in the morning when you wake up, you have to imagine that you have a physical body lying somewhere on a bed where you can return to, which awaits for you to wake up, but in actuality as you fall asleep at night, *the waking life dream* morphs into *the nighttime dream* and when you wake up in the morning, *the nighttime dream* morphs into *the waking life dream*.

There's no unconscious sleeping body in your direct experience. Your direct experience is Reality.

Edited by Anahata

12 hours ago, Anahata said:

but in actuality as you fall asleep at night, *the waking life dream* morphs into *the nighttime dream* and when you wake up in the morning, *the nighttime dream* morphs into *the waking life dream*

Why? If it's all just a dream then why does it morph, why the two sets of dreams?

Why? If it's all just a dream then why does it morph, why the two sets of dreams?

There is no separation in actuality between them

12 hours ago, Anahata said:

your dream/direct experience becomes whatever you get to experience in the waking dream and so on.

Isn't this a bit self-contradictory? You speak as is the dreams are more fundamental then the dreamer. 

@A Fellow Lighter Notice how these distinctions are being imagined by you rn

3 minutes ago, Anahata said:

There is no separation in actuality between them

Why does there appear to be a separation, why is does my waking dream have continuity where else my night dreams change every night?

Isn't this a bit self-contradictory? You speak as is the dreams are more fundamental then the dreamer. 

Eeh, semanthics... ?

You are Absolute

There is no separation between your dream and you. The creator and the creation are One

Why does there appear to be a separation, why is does my waking dream have continuity where else my night dreams change every night?

Why not? :P

Think about reading a novel. What if you wanna take short breaks from  the whole dense narrative? Then, you just stop reading it for awhile and get to refresh your mind with some short stories, random stuff you find in your home. And then, as soon as you get bored with that you return to the novel.

Edited by Anahata

Are you not entertained ? xD Just kiddin' ?:x

Edited by Anahata

17 hours ago, Anahata said:

But to be fair you are also imagining that you are imagining. 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Just now, Nivsch said:

But to be fair you are also imagining that you are imagining. 

Just a pointer to ->direct experience<- That's where the truth is found

Words are just pointers

"One must take care not to confuse image with fact, which would be like climbing up the signpost instead of following the road".

Edited by Anahata