Frode

What's The Meaning Of Life?

7 posts in this topic

Hey there! Here are my favorite ideas from "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. It's a book that deals with the question to the meaning of life, in addition to describing the experiences of a prisoner in the death camps of Nazi Germany during World War 2. I hope you enjoy!

Frankl is one of my role models.  Found meaning in life against his suffering in Auschwitz. Displayed vast quantities of love, dignity and courage. Gave his suffering the meaning, took the maximum responsibility for his responses.

"The person may remain brave, dignified and unselfish, or in the bitter fight for self preservation he may forget his human dignity and become no more than an animal".

Edited by Alicja_

@Alicja_ Haha, WOW, that's a great quote, Alicja! 

And thank you for your thoughts. :)

This is also valuable if you're looking for a nondual perspective ;)

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Danielle Hey, Danielle! Thank you very much for posting that video - I also believe that "happiness" is the meaning of life. 

And when I (and anyone I read about, see, or talk to) talk about "meaning," happiness is usually the core of it all. 

In other words, meaning = happiness :)

What do you think about that perspective? 

1 hour ago, Frode said:

@Danielle Hey, Danielle! Thank you very much for posting that video - I also believe that "happiness" is the meaning of life. 

And when I (and anyone I read about, see, or talk to) talk about "meaning," happiness is usually the core of it all. 

In other words, meaning = happiness :)

What do you think about that perspective? 

You're very welcome. Yeah, I agree even though  I recognize that meaning is a product of the human mind and doesn't actually exist in the real world :P

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Danielle Haha, the wisdom you share never ceases to surprise me! I also agree that it IS a product of the human mind - not something that really "exists." :)