Alicja_

Life Purpose - To Get To The Top Of Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs?

4 posts in this topic

Could a life purpose be simply to get and stay on the top of Maslow's hierarchy of needs? Could you share your thoughts on this?

I've been doing the Life Purpose Course, and most of different results in this course pull me  towards self-actualization and growing. I don't exactly know how to make it about other people YET, that is how to contribute. I just wish to grow and become a  wiser, loving human for now, that's it.  

You know, when I think of life purpose and passion I think of people who desire to become awesome creators, build new machines, become some sort of leaders, musicians, artists, writers or whoever else. I don't really have any particular goal like this. At least not yet. The only theme which is there is constant improving, becoming authentic, loving, selfless, suchlike.  

Everyone's prime directive is to be raising the quality of their consciousness. That's what human life is about.

The life purpose, as talked about in the course, is about how do you want to contribute to humanity? What do you want your life's work to be?

Personal development is something you'll be doing anyway. The question you should be asking yourself is what kind of career will be aligned with your deepest values?

Otherwise you'll be stuck working at Starbucks your whole life.

If you love personal development or consciousness work, then that probably means your career should be somehow related to that. But now you gotta think through the details. Plan it out. What value can you offer the world?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Everyone's prime directive is to be raising the quality of their consciousness. That's what human life is about.

The life purpose, as talked about in the course, is about how do you want to contribute to humanity? What do you want your life's work to be?

Personal development is something you'll be doing anyway. The question you should be asking yourself is what kind of career will be aligned with your deepest values?

Otherwise you'll be stuck working at Starbucks your whole life.

If you love personal development or consciousness work, then that probably means your career should be somehow related to that. But now you gotta think through the details. Plan it out. What value can you offer the world?

The thing that holds me back I guess is the scale of my impact. I generally feel like I want to impact a large portion of the world in some way. Yeah, I know this is silly but this is a deep rooted issue that i am trying to grow out of. As Mother Teresa said:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can all do small things with great love.”

Edited by Huz