Tangerinedream

Help making a decision

3 posts in this topic

Is going through a lot of emotional turmoil and anxiety about making a decision a sign that you should let the choice pass?  I’m under pressure to decide on whether or not to take a job - but there is a lot of resistance I have against it.  Ultimately because it’s not in alignment with what I want to do, even though I would be in a better situation that what I am in now.  The person that wants me to work with them is very persistent about me going there and keeps making different offers and really wants me to go there.  But I don’t feel totally happy or excited about it but I’m considering going simply because it would be a change and I would learn new stuff.  But what they want is that I am committed to being on the team where as what I want is more independence.  
I’m trying to understand if if the resistance is a sign not to accept or if it’s just anxiety and inability to make a decision.  Or even commitment phobia. 
???

Edited by Tangerinedream

i don't think there's enough context to give the "right" advice, so with decisions like these its best to break them down:

are you financially secure enough to decline his offer and commit to your more desired path? 

would the experience gained from his job offering help you in any way in your future goal? (if so it can be used as a stepping stone) 

if you agree to working with him how long are you tied up to the job? 

For me writing down your options and weighing the pros and cons always helps get a clearer picture. 

hope this helped :) 

56 minutes ago, Tangerinedream said:

I’m trying to understand if if the resistance is a sign not to accept or if it’s just anxiety and inability to make a decision.  Or even commitment phobia. 

also only you can answer this, meditate on finding the answer