Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forza21

Do psychedelics influence base level of consciousness?

4 posts in this topic

Sometimes after psychedelics like schrooms/lsd  it's super clear, that it's all a dream, that everything you see is you, that time does not exist. To the point, you want to go back to the illusion, because it's boring.

But after the trip, you go back to the previous state, and a couple days later, the psychedelic trip is just a foggy memory.  Does it influence your sober(base) consciousness state somehow?

I've always thought, that it may give you some indications, like a sign, but to reach this high level of consciousness you must mediate, do self -inquiry especially on sober state.  

But Leo seems to say something different, that 200+ trips had a tremendous effect on sober consciousness as well. 

So what do you think?

All psychedelics have some impact on baseline consciousness permanently. However, in most instances, the substance is too weak relative to dosage to create any noticeable change(if a normal human does 100 mics of LSD, 48 hours later they've baselined, and they're practically the same as before). What determines whether or not the change is significant enough to be noticed is multivariate. One of the variables is the individual's state of consciousness going into the experience(every human is slightly different, some are substantially different from the average). Another variable is the specific substances in question as well as the dosage of course. So it's impossible to answer your question in a general sense. Without simply saying that the answer is yes in all or nearly all occurrences at least to some extent. And I'm of course I've left out some variables, like individual brain chemistry because I feel I covered that by stating that each human is different in personal consciousness.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Base consciousness is nil and void. The only thing that can actually change is the appearances within that void, like images on a screen.

This is one of only a few overtly verifiable facts. There aren't "levels" of consciousness and there never could be.

What must be meant is does it alter the pattern of appearances. It does alter it, but not necessarily in an illuminating way. When a heavy and very intense trip ends, you can expect aftereffects for a while, but eventually the memories and such wear off and you will find yourself back where you started. Trying intellectually to somehow maintain a grip on that old fleeting state of being.

14 hours ago, Forza21 said:

Sometimes after psychedelics like schrooms/lsd  it's super clear, that it's all a dream, that everything you see is you, that time does not exist. To the point, you want to go back to the illusion, because it's boring.

But after the trip, you go back to the previous state, and a couple days later, the psychedelic trip is just a foggy memory.  Does it influence your sober(base) consciousness state somehow?

I've always thought, that it may give you some indications, like a sign, but to reach this high level of consciousness you must mediate, do self -inquiry especially on sober state.  

But Leo seems to say something different, that 200+ trips had a tremendous effect on sober consciousness as well. 

So what do you think?

Leo is a great example of how trips and their meaning in relation to reality gets perverted and distorted after trip ends. Assuming psychedelics tells the accurate view about reality.