jongsijs

Getting ignored

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Does anyone has some advice for when you are being ignored by a friend or partner? I feel I have difficulty dealing with this and often take it personally, especially when I am attracted to the person or have care on a deeper level. I think the best way is to just let it go, but I feel often it really triggers me. Anyone that can help me with this and share experiences? 

Much love,

Newbie Jongsijs

@jongsijs can you explain a detailed situation of how this looked like? Because it's very easy to misinterpret cold signals. Some people are busy, some people are not too much into texting etc. It's easy to think other thoughts. So an example might help. 

It needs to be seen if the person accidentally forgot to get back to you or if this is what they usually do to most people. 

If the latter is the case, then you should take a back seat and let those people walk their ways. 

Personally I have experienced being ignored, ghosted and cold shoulder treatment in relationships etc. So I can relate and it hurts like hell for first two days. It's just you dealing with passive aggressive covert people who love to play these mini games or they have complete disregard for other's presence. 

So you really have to figure out which one it is. 

Still the best option either way is to walk away and never come back. They're not worth your attention or time and much less anything else. 

For the sake of your sanity and self respect, don't be emotionally invested in such people. Don't let the hurt go on. Keep moving. 

Much love. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@jongsijs can you explain a detailed situation of how this looked like? Because it's very easy to misinterpret cold signals. Some people are busy, some people are not too much into texting etc. It's easy to think other thoughts. So an example might help. 

It needs to be seen if the person accidentally forgot to get back to you or if this is what they usually do to most people. 

If the latter is the case, then you should take a back seat and let those people walk their ways. 

Personally I have experienced being ignored, ghosted and cold shoulder treatment in relationships etc. So I can relate and it hurts like hell for first two days. It's just you dealing with passive aggressive covert people who love to play these mini games or they have complete disregard for other's presence. 

So you really have to figure out which one it is. 

Still the best option either way is to walk away and never come back. They're not worth your attention or time and much less anything else. 

For the sake of your sanity and self respect, don't be emotionally invested in such people. Don't let the hurt go on. Keep moving. 

Much love. 

@Preety_India I totally agree with this!

Try to engage them in a playful way, pestering will never work and will only irritate further. If they are still not engaging after you have poked them playfully a few times - let them be, they’re not interested. Find people who enjoy your company and interact with them instead 

13 hours ago, jongsijs said:

Does anyone has some advice for when you are being ignored by a friend or partner? I feel I have difficulty dealing with this and often take it personally, especially when I am attracted to the person or have care on a deeper level. I think the best way is to just let it go, but I feel often it really triggers me. Anyone that can help me with this and share experiences? 

Why would a friend/partner just ignore you out of nowhere? There's aways a reason. You don't need to deal with this kind of behaviour because it's not normal. A friend/partner is supposed to pay attention to you, or if they're busy, they should let you know what's up (if they're close friend of yours).

@Preety_India Dear Ms. India, thanks so much for the reply! It was about a girl had actually just met and see saw my messages on whatsapp and then just did not reply for a two days or something, and she ended up not talking about what I said. But we are still talking now and good friends. I think I was triggered because it reminded me of a previous girl I was in love with and who ignored me alot. The new girl was just busy, the old girl is someone who is indeed not worth my attention. 

I agree with what you say, you just have to find out what type of person they are and if they are genuinely interested in you! I learned my lesson and I am learning to let go, sometimes people are just dealing with some tasks and goals etc. 

Warm regards,

Sijs