PepperBlossoms

Thinking Gray instead of Black and White

4 posts in this topic

Okay so there is black and white thinking, all or nothing, 0 or 100; there is also gray, spectrum, multi-perspectival, relative, flexible, adaptive, thorough thinking.

Here are some examples I have thought of and if anyone else comes up with some, please add:

Black and white: either optimist or pessimist; Gray: variation of realist, optimist, and pessimist on various topics and is subject to change based on new inputs

Black and white: religion is bad; religion is good; Gray: religion has good, bad, confusing, unknown, changing, adapting, stuck, insightful, suppressive stuff

Black and white: I am a failure; I am a success; Gray: I am still working on getting better at this and I feel proud of that and I should have done this thing differently

Black and white: You are my idol; you are a bully; Gray: Sometimes you hurt my feelings, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we get bored

9 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Okay so there is black and white thinking, all or nothing, 0 or 100;

?? 

there is also gray, spectrum, multi-perspectival, relative, flexible, adaptive, thorough thinking.

Here are some examples I have thought of and if anyone else comes up with some, please add:

Black and white: either optimist or pessimist; Gray: variation of realist, optimist, and pessimist on various topics and is subject to change based on new inputs

Black and white: religion is bad; religion is good; Gray: religion has good, bad, confusing, unknown, changing, adapting, stuck, insightful, suppressive stuff

Black and white: I am a failure; I am a success; Gray: I am still working on getting better at this and I feel proud of that and I should have done this thing differently

Black and white: You are my idol; you are a bully; Gray: Sometimes you hurt my feelings, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we get bored

Not so. 

On the cusp of an even sweeter realization imo. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Reality as observed in my awareness has a fractal quality of infinite detail, nuance and subtlety. But putting it into words involves using a finite number of labels to pigeon-hole this multidimensional infinity into finite and separate boxes. @PepperBlossoms thanks for sharing your insight. I like applying it to discussions of racial identity - who really wants to be pure black or white anyway? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 2/18/2022 at 0:24 PM, snowyowl said:

Reality as observed in my awareness has a fractal quality of infinite detail, nuance and subtlety. But putting it into words involves using a finite number of labels to pigeon-hole this multidimensional infinity into finite and separate boxes. @PepperBlossoms thanks for sharing your insight. I like applying it to discussions of racial identity - who really wants to be pure black or white anyway? 

agreed - with regards to fractal when I put pessimism in the black and white category - even that could have fractals within it - lots of substance and different types and degrees of pessimism and meanings for it and even pessimism itself could be considered its own spectrum and glory of gray

On 2/18/2022 at 6:46 AM, Nahm said:

?? 

Not so. 

On the cusp of an even sweeter realization imo. ?

yeah just a bunch of conjectures and thoughts about thoughts and like snowyowl said - basically pigeon-holing the multidimensional infinity