Radu97

Feel stuck with my life purpose

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

I am in a rut now with my life purpose. Just to give a little background I am 24 yo and live in London. I am originally from Romania and moved to London for a job opportunity. I work in the luxury hotel segment and work 50-60 hours a week plus commuting hours a week. It started to take a toll on my health like lack of sleep, I started to get very tired and lost my motivation to workout, train bjj etc. Before I used to be very active, train a lot, meditate and just have an overall high energy. Since last december I started to get very tired and all I did was work and sleep for the past 2 months, I beardly trained or did anything outside work. It has become a monotony for me which gets me depressed and unmotivated.  I am having these thoughts of changing my career  because I got tired of late nights, getting home at 2:30 am and waking up at 8 to start my next shift. Even though I am doing very well at my job and even just got a promotion, I feel totally disconnected from the job and just work for the paycheck to be honest. 

The problem is with changing my career is that I don't have too many funds and I am always afraid of the lack of funds I have. Since I like working out, been weightlifting for the last 7 years I thought a nice change would be to start a fitness course and get into fitness and helping people get in shape and better overall health. But I am very afraid of making this change, if it's worth doing the change and what financial opportunities I can have.  Currently I have 5000 pounds in my account, 1200 is the course which would leave me with 3800 to survive. I was thinking of just having a part time job just to cover my bills and food while I focus on this course but as I said I very scared if this is the right decision and I don't want to regret it after.

I would like to hear you guys thoughts and maybe a couple stories to get me inspired since as I have mentioned before this rut with my job and my fear of making this change has paralyzed me and I don't know where to start.

Thanks all!

Edited by Radu97

Make a dreamboard. Write and focus upon what you really want. It will be. The evidence of this, is that you wanted the job you have, and have it. 

Use the emotional scale to see through projection, to begin to accept, understand & receive the guidance in regard to beliefs. Namely, lack, shortage, etc. 

One can hold discordant beliefs / interpretations, and yet feel good enough to get by from the highs of fitness. But purpose & motivation runs it’s course, the discord gets most tiresome, and only inspiration ultimately will sustain. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you for the reply! I will be doing some thinking in the next few weeks and also talk to my therapist maybe I get a better insight.

Even though I have these fears and insecurities, the fact that I am still young (24 y.o.) motivates and inspires me to take this risk no matter the outcome. I have nothing to lose but a job that I don't care about and maybe temporarily a secure paycheck. I have no debt, no house mortgage, not married, no children so being in this situation makes me go for this change even more.

It sounds like you're a highly motivated and hard-working person, you just don't feel inspired right now.

How would you feel about just coaching one fitness class per week? When the weather is nicer, you can do it in a public park without having to rent a place, just ask people to meet you there. You can make a Facebook group or go on Nextdoor (if that's a thing in the UK) or post flyers around town and you should be able to get 5 or 10 people to start with. If you start advertising now, you should have a pretty good group ready to participate by May.

You could start off just doing it for free to start building a client base. Or offer everyone one free class and then start charging £15 per month (for 4 classes per month) or something.

£4 per fitness class is a pretty good deal for them, and when you have 10 people paying you £40 to work out with them for an hour, that's a decent start for you too.

I have seen people definitely do this with yoga classes in the park. Anything with the term "boot camp" associated with it seems to get people to come out and pay too. I know the weather in the UK isn't the greatest so you might need a backup though xD

There are a few strategies like this where you can gradually transition without taking on a huge risk. No need to quit your job or start paying to rent an expensive studio right away.

Edited by Yarco