Yoremo

advice for meditation

22 posts in this topic

@Yoremo

4 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

Probably a fear of being suicidal as I have never been suicidal but it scares me a bit that you can come to a place where suicide feels like a right thing to do and I have kind of associated that with going deep spiritually.

Point of spirituality is to make your life as good as possible and enjoy present moment as much as you can. Spirituality does not make suicide feel right thing to do, but actually what spirituality does is that you won't fear death in your daily basis so much. Also more spiritual and happy you are with your life less logic there is to kill yourself.

Most can associate spirituality with suicide, because many people who already have suicidal thoughts end up discovering spirituality as last chance so to speak. And if you want to know more about spirituality - because you actually want to increase your happiness levels overall - there is almost zero risk. Higher risk you have if you wouldn't do spirituality at all so if you want to increase your chances of living then start spirituality right NOW.

Trust me, because last thing I want for people is miserable life. I want everyone to find that happiness which I function 24 / 7, because that feels like I am king or something :D Every sensation feels remarkable, every experience is interesting and I am so happy that I start laughing for the fact that this moment exists right NOW. <3

19 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

But the last couple o´ months or so I started doing some weird "meditation" where I basically just sat and felt good and allowed myself to think whatever thoughts came up.

If you want to do this kind of meditation you should put some limits of how much you can drown into thoughts and feelings, because if you just go closer to "unconscious" that is like you are about to fall in sleep and that's why you should have some point of meditation that you could sometimes come back to. You need to be so conscious of this moment that thoughts actually couldn't come.

23 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

I have mainly done breath meditation.

One tip for that is to let this breathing happen "automatically" and still have awarness in it. That would teach to be concentrated, but not participated in action. Second tip is to be really curious about your point of meditation which in this case is your breath. What is this breath? How does it feel and how do I feel it? Can I recognize it's location? Where does it come and where it goes?

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 So I know this is a tough question to answer, but I guess spirituality is fundamentally where you discover truth? And does that lead to happiness in the end? I just want to know for the sake of it at this point, but it seems so weird to me to be at ease with absolutely nothing and my mind resists that deeply, but I guess when you are in it you don´t really feel like that. My mind intuitively wants things and experiences and a "good life", and enlightenment is then happiness no matter what happens?