Ulax

Life purpose re trauma

2 posts in this topic

Hiya :).

I'm a pretty traumatised dude. I have PTSD.

I'm very into continental philosophy, and the arts through the lens of philosophy. I'm considering it as my life purpose route. I'm blessed to be pretty on the ball intellectually, and really enjoy learning and being radical in my thinking.

However, I'm aware that a strong intellect, and trauma often leads one down the philosophy path. And I'm wondering whether when my trauma clears I'll actually be really so interested in philosophy whatsoever.

I wanted to hear people's perspectives on this. Be that just some brainstorming.

Thanks in advance.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

From personal experience I am still interested in what I started you could say partially as a result of my past (music as a form of philosophy, way of being/expression, etc). I would say the change is mostly that I no longer use it as much in terms of healing from the trauma as I used to, which freed me up a bunch to explore even more aspects/tonalities and instruments for example. Also it is shifted to more about going outward than inward at this point.. like it being a gift to others than to myself. Ultimately I would say it is still tied to my past because it is what brought me here in the first place. And if I one day completely lose interest in it there must be a good reason for it so I don't think you should worry too much about that.^_^

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。