ZenSwift

Is it possible to become conscious of the moment you fall asleep?

24 posts in this topic

You never know exactly when it happens. The transition. The magic. And you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line, then you would understand everything. You would see it all.

:)

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I was able to do this hundreds of times after my awakening. I still do it, but not each night as before.

Is just a matter of being present, that simple. You didn't notice your body falling asleep? You were not that much present. The present moment goes infinitely deep and once you start to self reflect on it you are going so far off track in a time construct.

I don't think one can fully be one with the present (although obviously we can only be present), but to fully merge with it that's a work of a God. However here is how I've managed to catch the moments consistently:

FIrst of all, you never go to sleep, you always go to meditate. When you start to wonder, you bring it back, clear headed, attention on your body, to help you reduce wondering you can do your best to focus more and more on your geometries, that helps your mind "wondering" in the right places, inside your body, focus on different points, try to unite them as much as you can, ego is separation/fragmentation, builds stuff from pieces, so when is wondering, focus on your body and try to build it from pieces. When you don't wonder, take everything as a whole, and expand as much as you can, when ego kicks in, you try to build the pieces up to the whole. But always do your best to take everything as whole, as clear headed as possible.

Now attitude is extremely important, if you expect to go to sleep and then to wake up, that's what is going to happen. Try to really understand the One, reality is a dream and viceversa, when you really start to feel it, it will feel like death, the purer you are, the easier to let go. Your attitude should actually be to expect to catch it happening, this will build up some triggers in deep relaxation that will make you notice the subtle degrees.

The longest I've gone was 28 minutes, I chose to woke up because I didn't want to hear the alarm. That does not mean I was fully aware. No one can ever be fully aware of their whole geometry (maybe there are some Gods that managed). Lucidity comes with various degrees, is not black and white as people think.

Anyway, once you start to catch those moments, you will start feeling like you are leaving your body, please note, you are still losing your center when that happens. The experience of floating or falling will make you lose your center. I personally try to focus on my breath (however that might get scary, because you will not quite feel it like before). While doing that try to center your spirit to not leave the body, when you feel like floating, try to go a little down, when you fall more, try to go a little up. I don't think I was able to stay centered more than a minute. The thing is, you will start to attend the flow of energies inside your body. When this first centered thing happened to me, a ball of energy from my belly arose that I could move it wherever i want in my body, and it keept getting more intense.

I did wrote a somewhat long post on reddit on WILD that they removed it for being unsafe. I went a little more in detail regarding this. Maybe I'll post it here if living on the edge is not a problem.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, ZenSwift said:

Has it been done? 

The exact moment where you can put your awareness on the exact moment your body switches to sleeping. Where you can put your awareness on the transition.

I have been trying to look for a while and believe that the brain is not on record mode for anything of transition. Sleeping is the opposite of your brain being aware (somewhat). So this leads to a bootstrap problem.

The brain can't be asleep and record other wise it would be awake and not asleep. The brain can’t see the transition when awake because that requires you to sleep.  

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's possible to become conscious that you are dreaming up sleeping.

;)

When you are asleep (brain asleep)? or When you are awake (brain awake)? Or both?

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am.