Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glaucus

Meditation Uncovering Heavy/Dark Emotions

5 posts in this topic

Hey all. Apologies if this is in the wrong section, this one seems more fitting to me since I'm not in a crisis or even ordinarily in this state. In the course of my meditation lately (the past week), I have hit a rough patch insofar as I have dug pretty deep into my unconscious feelings, and I have reached a lot of heavy, dark emotions. A lot of sadness and fear mostly acquired during my upbringing. It is quite intense, to understate it, unpleasant too. It has impacted my ability to perform at school & work and even carry out the necessities of my daily routine. I know what I must do is I must keep meditating, keep my awareness on these feelings, and give love to myself where I am lacking it most, but this is just very intense. I was just wondering if anybody here has experienced anything similar, has any advice about how they got through it, or even just some encouragement.  It's just really hard to look at. I understand why I have not looked at it for so long. Thank you for your kindness & compassion.

@Glaucus I've gone through this. This is a healthy phase you're going through even if it may seem the opposite to you.. to society. Your repressed emotions are finally allowed to surface and be processed. Now it may be difficult to do this completely on your own but it is still possible. I've worked through alot of it through writing and playing music, grieving, having a couple of "allies" who are on the child's side. You could look for a good therapist (may take a few tries). The form it takes will be unique to each one of us. Be gentle during this time, if you possibly can take some time off or not be externally focused all the time I would recommend that. You will come out of it eventually by siding with the inner child.. Feel free to pm me if you want some resources I have found helpful.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing I liked your comment

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@puporing Thank you for your kindness, I will reach out to you tomorrow, it's pretty late where I'm at rn.

@Ulax Thank you very much!

@Glaucus You're welcome, yea for sure, anytime! 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。