Karl-Heinz Mueller

Overcoming spirituality

44 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, peterjames said:

Are you talking about scientific [mechanistic] materialism, or a more organic type? The organic view is part of respected academia:  From: Everything Flows: Towards a Processual Philosophy of Biology Daniel J. Nicholson and John Dupré:

"Like most other organicists, Russell criticized the machine conception of the organism for neglecting the inherent dynamicity of life, and asserted that ‘[t]he organism is not, like a machine, a static construction, but a constantly changing organization of functional activities’ (Russell 1930: 169). Russell also drew attention to the temporal character of the organism, which ‘at any one moment of its history must be regarded as merely a phase of a life-cycle’, insisting that ‘t is the whole cycle that is the life of the individual’ (ibid., 171)"

https://oxford.universitypressscholarship.com/view/10.1093/oso/9780198779636.001.0001/oso-9780198779636

And from there, it is not far to Whitehead's physics of the World-soul: https://www.amazon.com/Physics-World-Soul-Whiteheads-Adventure-Cosmology/dp/1948609363

Interesting. Thank you. I did not hear of that distinction yet! Added to my "need to check out-link iist".

"Neutral monism" is what I currently prefer, if you will.

@universe: Thanks for picking it out...

Oh dear... Now I see.....

And do these replies appease you?

Oh I did not recognize yet the extent of Leo's flaws and dishonesty.

Well anyway. Leo is not the Universe. It is a waste of time to point this out but If he was the universe, he could control it. And neither are you, user "universe", who gave himself the telling name.
Simple equation: If you were the universe, you could control. Can you? No. So you are not the universe. You cannot identify with ANYTHING, but your deluded, wishful thinking will not entertain that thought.

Well this discussion here served a purpose for me at least.  I am at a loss for words now to express how untrustworthy of a teacher Leo is.

Well if I was you guys who will continue to stick around in this forum I would encourage you to start some kind of revolt against Leo, to not let him get away with his spiritual excrement (I was again struggling to find a word for it, "nonsense" would be an euphemism...).

I would really hope that you guys and He Himself @Leo Gura will at some point in your life reach a level of non-delusion that we will be able to laugh at this together.

Indeed, from what I have seen some of the people in this forum I guess already are at that level.

But they perhaps lack the boldness and disagreeableness to raise their voice against it.

Edited by Karl-Heinz Mueller

On 24/01/2022 at 11:21 PM, Karl-Heinz Mueller said:

I see a lot of confirmation bias and wishful thinking in his beliefs, neither of which I see all too much in materialist science (as for the latter - wishful thinking - I see none)

You must be kidding.

Every scientific experiment is done either looking to prove or to disprove something.

THAT'S A BIAS.

Hypothesis influences outcome.

Mind and matter are interconnected.

There's no way around that.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

45 minutes ago, flowboy said:

You must be kidding.

Of course, all I intended was to kid you! ^^

Or perhaps you didn't get my point. If scientists would not have been bold enough to go against our wishful thinking, we would still believe in a geocentric world view.

Look up "narcissistic injuries" and "Freud", if you would like to better understand my point.

And if you guys here don't muster the boldness to go against your wishful thinking that you are the universe and god and love and Leo's urine, you will (apart from being dumb) keep on deluding the world.

Edited by Karl-Heinz Mueller