Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrisd

Meditation research

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was wondering about the current state of affairs concerning meditation research. In particular I'm wondering whether there is any about the long-term effects on the brain when meditators aren't meditating. 

Moreover I'm wondering whether it has a positive effect on studying. Does it make you better at it? Should you do it before studying? 

I've researched it myself but didn't find much that was substantial. Quite possibly I'm overlooking things. 

I'll take your personal experiences with it also :)

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, Chrisd said:

Hi all,

I was wondering about the current state of affairs concerning meditation research. In particular I'm wondering whether there is any about the long-term effects on the brain when meditators aren't meditating. 

Essentially, gamma waves. 

Moreover I'm wondering whether it has a positive effect on studying. Does it make you better at it? Should you do it before studying? 

There isn’t self referential thought activity, and so experientially there is much more focus, absorption, and natural enjoyment of. 

I've researched it myself but didn't find much that was substantial. Quite possibly I'm overlooking things. 

Not that it’s bad to research, but it won’t equal the direct experience. Have to meditate daily. Twice a day, ideally. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The research is a mere shadow of what can be gleamed from it in direct experience through daily meditation. Especially using a proven system like TMI or TWIM to start out with before you start going your own way with it.