Thought Art

What if my understanding of science is 100-500 years ahead of the world?

24 posts in this topic

@Thought Art I think if you want to merge science and spirituality, that is definitely doable, however, only on a very small scale and you will probably build a community like this one if you want to get people on board with you. Getting the spiritual side into one's life is one thing, what about the scientific part? Do you have scientific training of some sort? 

@Tim R For example Qigong has medical and spiritual application. 

I took science courses in university., and I’m not done with my formal education.

however, I am a certified Qigong teacher and I get good results with my clients. 

The point of this post is that over the next 10-20 years I’m going to be developing an understanding of reality that is far outside what will be consensus. I’m not looking to play the academic science game. 

It’s just a vision. It will not be easy…

even less about me in particular… what if anyone with ideas that are not going to be widely accepted for 100s of years. Wild to think about. 

Don’t take this as me claiming I’m more advanced right now. I have my own areas of developing mastery but I don’t know that much as reality is massive and sprawling and complex.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, undeather said:

Science communicators are usually not very accomplished scientists ;D

Truuue! :D 

7 hours ago, Tim R said:

Leo's understanding of science, as presented in that 3 part series, is extremely, extremely philosophical and abstract and has, quite frankly, not very much to do with actual science as it is practiced in universitites and research facilities around the world, and it paints a very skewed picture for those who haven't had at least some experience at university and in research. 

This is generally the case, but you also have the odd visionaries who have a foot in both worlds. Here is a discussion between two highly metaphysically literate scientists about the limitations of the mainstream paradigm of not just science but the way we live our lives (the nihilistic pop-science view of life):

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I actually disagree that it’s too abstract and philosophical to be useful. Maybe you just haven’t connected dots to see how it’s useful 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"