Federico del pueblo

Is personal development just the next hamster wheel?

49 posts in this topic

@softlyblossoming

Holy shit bro. I hadn't even seen that you replied 2 more times here (I don't have notifications for when someone mentions my username switched on). Sorry for not replying. You dropped a few more value bombs man!

As I'm tired now I'm not gonna reply to specific points now, but when I'm fresh again I can surely pm you regarding the 1 or 2 questions you asked somewhere.

Keep up the good vibes ??

@Federico del pueblo All good, my g. It's a long reply so take as much time as you need. Just sharing what worked for this particular pseudo-self, I suppose :D. Mu_'s society exercise is definitely worth taking out for a spin round your stickiest limiting beliefs.

On 11.1.2022 at 2:33 PM, Federico del pueblo said:

I've been wondering this because since I know that self help and personal development exist I have definitely achieved great improvements for myself but I'm also realising that at the same time I have simply raised my standards for what is good enough and when I'm achieving etc.

self development is what you do if you learn anything on your own or ask questions, starting with your birth, learning doesn’t stop anywhere in the future except if you do stop learning. if you use it only for personal gains regarding status questions you either are in orange or (disregarding the spiral) you did not get the whole concept yet.

Edited by mememe

2 hours ago, mememe said:

self development is what you do if you learn anything on your own or ask questions, starting with your birth, learning doesn’t stop anywhere in the future except if you do stop learning. if you use it only for personal gains regarding status questions you either are in orange or (disregarding the spiral) you did not get the whole concept yet.

@Federico del pueblo This reads as gold to me. Everything you will ever know is a hamster wheel, apparently haha.

@Federico del pueblo Eventually you will reach a stage where the self will do anything it can to answer those questions. The "problem" will then be trying to solve them with answers, because you won't find any. You can give a shit or you can be satisfied with not knowing. You better not stop asking! Fortunately, there's no stopping when you're at that stage because you just don't feel quite like yourself unless you're doing everything you can to know the answers. Peak Performance, for me, looks and feels like a sort of anti-addiction addiction. 

It may require incredible self esteem, and suffering and not suffering may lead up the same mountain, but those are just "parts of" another story.

2 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

Eventually you will reach a stage where the self will do anything it can to answer those questions.

There is a self? 

32 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Federico del pueblo Who's asking that question? Go look for yourself.

Hey man, I didn't mean to be a dick. I just wanted to loosen things up a little bit with a "spirituality joke". You know, I'm self-amusing sometimes. I think it's cool that we can talk about personal development and spirituality etc with a somewhat serious attitude, like analyzing, understanding etc. but then sometimes I just like to enjoy a little bit of "meta-humor" about all of this stuff, you know what I mean?

So thanks for your posts.