Guru

New Years Resolutions Revisited

1 post in this topic

I was surprised to find that there was only one Actualized video about new years resolutions! Even though it was from the old era of the channel, it helped me re-focus when it was released over 5 years ago. The channel has come SO FAR since that video and I think it would be a great benefit to revisit this subject.

As a community we can revisit both the practical practices that we have cultivated and also share the insights that we've gained into the deeper nature of life. 

Here are some thoughts:

1.  Demand: I know @Leo Gura doesn't want to cover the same subject twice, but I don't think revisiting this subject would be redundant. This is an evergreen evolving subject which will grow as we grow. Now that the channel is moving towards bigger picture thinking and going meta, so can the coverage of this topic. I feel that you, Leo could do a great job of expressing the timeless nature of life, while also expressing how important goal setting and execution over time can be for self-actualizing. It's one of the only topics that I feel you could revisit every year without it feeling repetitive for your audience or for yourself. You are already doing the work every new year for yourself, just share a condensed review of your thought process with us.  
  2. Goal setting: This was a big part of the original video, but it does not dive into the contemplative nature of reviewing your larger life goals. 

3. Commonplace book/note taking: This year I finally created my common place book and was able to look back on my new years resolution notes from 2020-2021. My goals this year were HUGE and I was surprised to see that I actually SURPASSED THEM. Now, with momentum on my side, I can feel the compounding effect of many years of contemplating my goals and working towards them. I am very pleased to be writing my second year of resolutions in my commonplace book, this year. 

4. Holism: This is an incredibly holistic subject. You can connect it to so many subjects which have already been covered. Commonplace book, Goal setting, Contemplation, Practice of Letting Go, Life Advice for young people, Life Purpose, Spiral Dynamics, Getting rich slowly (determination over time versus get rich quick traps) ect. ect. The list is extensive, I'm sure I have neglected many topics. 

What do you all think? Should Leo make an updated NEW YEAR video? 

What would YOU like to see in that video? 

Personally I am not necessarily looking for you, @Leo Gura to TELL us about YOUR goals and how much YOU have achieved, but rather to share the way you approach this subject from your level of awareness, both practically and meta. Much time has passed since you revisited this subject and you have grown in awareness. Ideally using you experiences only as a reference to strengthen the larger insight. 

Thats it for now, I might add to this post in the future and I will create a separate post with my personal story in the self-actualization section to start a conversation there. 

Happy New Year!

Eric

Edited by Guru
to tag leo