Rishabh R

Being Authentic

7 posts in this topic

@Leo GuraIn collage certain group of people including some girls and boys called me in a Google meet as the online classes are going and collage is closed so students interact between themselves via online mode.At first a boy (batchmate) insulted me infront of girls by saying that he will have sex with my wife as my isn't long enough then I jokingly replied by saying I will instead use a toy machine as an alternative all of them burst out in laughter(although the girls were laughing initially when he suddenly out of the blue told me to sit and jerk off) then again those people called me in a meeting and started insulting me started by that particular boy on the same topic of insulting me but also by adding some more students to the participate in meetings.But only just after two meetings the initial one being the first I told my friend who is a girl to not to call me in the meeting again.She alarmingly questioned me but I by gathering courage denied her by doing an online confrontation via chat.The whom I mentioned continued to taunt me two more times .In general class meeting when 3-4 girls said hi to me while switching on the video of Google meet and everyone said good evening including that initial boy I said good night and again all burst into laughing and a particular girl told me that that was savage.But that boy said that this wasn't savage .Today he taunted me again and I complained to the Dean the entire matter and the Dean said that he would help me .Am I being Authentic or is something more of me is required ?

Best thing you can do is to observe yourself and how this situation makes you feel. That's what being authentic and truthful means. You don't deny or supress anything that feel. Just allow yourself to experience it fully. After that an appropriate action will manifest by itself. That action will be much more authentic and true.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@SalvijusI felt bad by his behaviour.So I am just asking wether I was bein Authentic or not?

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include lines

20 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@SalvijusI felt bad by his behaviour.So I am just asking wether I was bein Authentic or not?

You have to understand what being authentic means then. Authentic means true. Being true to yourself has many degrees. The highest degree of being true to yourself and being authentic is to be nondual god ?  but we don't need to go that far.

We are always authentic to a degree. The more self-aware you are and more truthful about how you feel you are the more authentic your actions will be.

Simple answer Yes. Everybody is authentic always. But in different degrees.

More aware = more honest = more true = more authentic. 

Edited by Salvijus

24 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Another simple answer without going into any phylosophy.

Probably no. I feel you're not very satisfied with the situation and how things turned out. Wisdom was lacking in you actions and behaviour imo. I could be projecting sorry. ?

Authentic true action usually brings things into harmony. Actions that cause more disharmony are not authentic

Edited by Salvijus

@SalvijusWell it saved me from further insults ,gave me a huge amount of mental peace so what do u say about that ?

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include a comma

40 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@SalvijusWell it saved me from further insults ,gave me a huge amount of mental peace so what do u say about that ?

Good probably. 

"Do whatever makes you sleep well at night"  - a wise saying.

:)

Edited by Salvijus