beatlesman

Leo's "enlightenment"

7 posts in this topic

Christians who take LSD can have visions of Jesus, their mental preoccupation. Leo's mental preoccupation is enlightenment, and he had a vision of that. How am I wrong?

11 hours ago, beatlesman said:

Christians who take LSD can have visions of Jesus, their mental preoccupation. Leo's mental preoccupation is enlightenment, and he had a vision of that. How am I wrong?

It's possible, but I am Christian and I had an epiphany that it was very similar to what Leo described. And I saw or understood things in a way that goes very against the beliefs of the Church.

I still consider myself Christian, but I had to go to the mystic christian experiences to understand what was happening to my ego.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Some Christians can have experiences of being saved / being born again which could be argued are very similar to enlightenment.

Edited by Neo

I think if your ego believes something, it can happen that you can have a kind of "mystic" experience that can be related to your beliefs/religion/etc.... That's why we have to take the experiences as that, just experiences. Say thanks and continue your path.

"Experiences will only lead you to more experiences"  (I don't remember the author) :-P

Enlightenment is not an experience, it's a shift in consciousness.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

21 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Enlightenment is not an experience, it's a shift in consciousness.

No, don't point to the semantics of my post as a way of explanation. I know someone who had a religious *experience for want of a better word*, and then saw the whole world upside down, viewed money differently, left their partner, changed their entire outlook, etc, etc.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

No, don't point to the semantics of my post as a way of explanation. I know someone who had a religious *experience for want of a better word*, and then saw the whole world upside down, viewed money differently, left their partner, changed their entire outlook, etc, etc.

To be honest I don't know what enlightenment is and I have no idea why I wrote it anyway. I think it was my ego trying to show he is so "smart".

But what I was trying to say was in the first part of my post, that it is possible to have a true experience or a fake one.

Sorry!!!

:P

@beatlesman It's not the experience itself but the realization that there is no one having the experience :D

Edited by Bebop