JonasVE12

Nutrition question for dog owners

6 posts in this topic

For those people who have got dogs and did their research on nutrition for dogs, what do you feed them?

I recently got a labrador puppy and I'm trying to figure out the best possible foods to give him. 

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Insane butterfly said:

Barf I find the best, but is expensive.

I don't know if it has in your place.

@Opo dude don't make me more miserable than I am. 

Where I live that thing in the picture which  is a pound is costing 5,5$

With 70 bucks I get only 8 to 10 cans of industrial shit. To have a dog that needs almost 2 kilos meat a day is very expensive here

20211215_154537.jpg

48 minutes ago, Insane butterfly said:

@Opo dude don't make me more miserable than I am. 

Where I live that thing in the picture which  is a pound is costing 5,5$

With 70 bucks I get only 8 to 10 cans of industrial shit. To have a dog that needs almost 2 kilos meat a day is very expensive here

20211215_154537.jpg

Sry. 

If you have a big freezer you can buy a pig and process it.

It's not that hard. 

Other than that you can look for discounts on the meat and then buy a lot and freeze it. It usually goes on the discount the day before it goes bad. 

Don't forget to look for small fish in the freezer. Where I live it's insanely cheap. 

Idn anything about that food that you posted but it looks like a scam. 

Be careful with "food for dogs" they know that we love them and that we will pay so they charge extra. 

Edited by Opo

@Opo  I know you are right about the freezer, I'm thinking about it but I need to make some room.

This food is indeed good quality Barf made in Switzerland and it's the cheap one, high quality gets up to 12$ the pound, I would need good 800$ a month to feed him with the best. 

Rest meat from the markets is not allowed to sell because of regulations my ass, discounts barely exist and import meat has very high customs.

Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in the world!  My father where he lives he goes in the central meat market on the afternoon before they close and he gets for his dogs around 10 to 15 pounds of good meat for 5 euros