Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Sharing My First Ever Meditation

12 posts in this topic

Feel free to share your experience.

Around three or four months ago (lost track of time) I decided to do meditation for my first time. I went in open minded and got some results. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience on their first attempt. 

For the first five minutes I felt as if I was getting sleepy, probably because I was mediating late in the day and was becoming more aware of my bodily state.

Ten minutes in, I started hearing subtle background  noises, also quite normal I assume for meditation.

Fifteen minutes in.... things began to get strange.  I would have moments in which my hearing kinda blanked out and I felt like I was in a endless void, there was nothing... These moments would last for a few seconds.

At twenty minutes my meditation ended. I was extremely more productive and would do things I otherwise wouldn't have.

Looking back now, meditation is if not, the only for me to be productive in my daily life. I currently am struggling to make meditation a habit but, if I do so I think my life will change for the better. 

51 minutes ago, J said:

Feel free to share your experience.

Around three or four months ago (lost track of time) I decided to do meditation for my first time. I went in open minded and got some results. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience on their first attempt. 

For the first five minutes I felt as if I was getting sleepy, probably because I was mediating late in the day and was becoming more aware of my bodily state.

Ten minutes in, I started hearing subtle background  noises, also quite normal I assume for meditation.

Fifteen minutes in.... things began to get strange.  I would have moments in which my hearing kinda blanked out and I felt like I was in a endless void, there was nothing... These moments would last for a few seconds.

At twenty minutes my meditation ended. I was extremely more productive and would do things I otherwise wouldn't have.

Looking back now, meditation is if not, the only for me to be productive in my daily life. I currently am struggling to make meditation a habit but, if I do so I think my life will change for the better. 

I've started meditating exactly one year ago. Trust me productivity is one of the many many many things it can add to your life. It's important to keep educating yourself about the different techniques and so forth. And not only meditation. You might want to work with your emotions and do some research on that. And who knows you'll path will lead you to non-duality one day.

Leo says that the real benefits of personal development will be seen in 5 years if not 10. My mind is completely blown by this. Last year has changed more than i could imagine. What will 5 or 10 years be like? But only if you take this very seriously.

3 hours ago, J said:

I get those experiences pretty often, I like to think of it as emptiness giving me a hug :D

2 hours ago, Visionary said:

Leo says that the real benefits of personal development will be seen in 5 years if not 10. My mind is completely blown by this. Last year has changed more than i could imagine. What will 5 or 10 years be like? But only if you take this very seriously.

I agree, it's insane what the mind is capable of when you get out of it's way

15 hours ago, Bebop said:

I get those experiences pretty often, I like to think of it as emptiness giving me a hug :D

Yeah those feelings of emptiness are awesome, and wonder what would happen if I meditated consistently for a hour a year.

18 hours ago, Visionary said:

I My mind is completely blown by this. Last year has changed more than i could imagine. What will 5 or 10 years be like? But only if you take this very seriously.

Yeah crazy. I just feel like I need to take it much more serious.

4 hours ago, J said:

I would have moments in which my hearing kinda blanked out and I felt like I was in a endless void, there was nothing... These moments would last for a few seconds.

In Time it's just a few seconds- but infinity knows no such restraints as time. Did the endless void show you that? Did meditation begin to happen outside of you and time?

Outside of me and time, I'd say yeah. Can't really explain it though. I'll be back in a hour, gonna do a meditation for the first time in long over due time.

3 minutes ago, J said:

Outside of me and time, I'd say yeah. Can't really explain it though.

No need to. Spacious, isn't it.

@J Just do it every day. No excuses. It becomes like brushing your teeth (assuming you do that every day) ;)

I started in July and haven't missed a day since. After the first few weeks I felt incredible. Then around September/October time things were not the best - emotions were all over the place, my physical energy was also unpredictable, my mental chatter was also very unpredictable. Now I'm much more stable. Who knows what the next year will bring but I'm in for the journey.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

16 hours ago, RossE said:

@J Just do it every day. No excuses. It becomes like brushing your teeth (assuming you do that every day) ;)

I started in July and haven't missed a day since. After the first few weeks I felt incredible. Then around September/October time things were not the best - emotions were all over the place, my physical energy was also unpredictable, my mental chatter was also very unpredictable. Now I'm much more stable. Who knows what the next year will bring but I'm in for the journey.

Certainly! Yesterday I meditated about five times throughout the day and I'm loving it. Meditation made me more aware of my self-esteem issue and my lack of consciousness throughout daily life.

44 minutes ago, J said:

Certainly! Yesterday I meditated about five times throughout the day and I'm loving it. Meditation made me more aware of my self-esteem issue and my lack of consciousness throughout daily life.

In 2016 you discovered something about yourself through meditation that the masses may not generally realize because they most often refuse to look.  Explore what is you that is happening within reality. Take all the time you need. It's intriguing and at the same time a total paradox of the confines of mind. Welcome to the New Year and  a new realization that you are not what you where last year. :)