Yoremo

Getting sick of anxiousness

3 posts in this topic

I think I´m literally getting sick at this point because of my social anxiety, existencial anxiety, I´m basically anxious about everything and I´ve been sick like 6 times this autumn and I usually never get sick. And I can see a direct relationship between my negative, anxious thinking and me being sick. Actually I get disgusted it feels like by my thoughts so somedays I feel like I want to puke because all I´ve done all day is having this intense anxious, hyperalert, scared, negative voice in my head.

I was thinking about reading and researching about affirmations to help increase the amount of positivity in my self-talk, is this a good approach or would I be better of doing something else? I thought I´d read two books by shad helmstetter because it seems to align with what I want. Any thoughts?

I want to stop this bad cycle now so it won´t go too far and ending up with me being suicidal or super depressed, because I´m scared that I won´t be able to come out of it, even though I´m sure I would but I don´t want to try it.

Sorry to hear you're going through this, but good to see you've got a positive approach. I'm not an expert of affirmations but they seem well worth a try, and your intuition is often a good guide. I advise keeping an open mind though, and try experimenting with other methods if the affirmations aren't working, or perhaps add other techniques alongside it. 

There's groups to help support with anxiety and panic attacks if you're struggling with self-help by yourself. Eg in my country there's  https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/  and there may be equivalent in your area. There's bound to be other people who've already tried what you're thinking about and can share their experience. If you have a good doctor that might be another avenue. 

Finally don't be hard on yourself or get into a cycle of self-judgement and despair. Anxiety about anxiety is like thought patterns getting out of hand and magnifying the problem unnecessarily. Take your time, don't expect instant results and don't be upset if you have relapses - take the long term view, forgive yourself for the problems and celebrate your successes along the way :)  

1 hour ago, Yoremo said:

I think I´m literally getting sick at this point because of my social anxiety, existencial anxiety, I´m basically anxious about everything and I´ve been sick like 6 times this autumn and I usually never get sick.

And I can see a direct relationship between my negative, anxious thinking and me being sick.

Actually I get disgusted it feels like by my thoughts so somedays I feel like I want to puke because all I´ve done all day is having this intense anxious, hyperalert, scared, negative voice in my head.

Been there & I feel for ya, I really do. Ignore-ance indeed reaches a point of disgust. 

1 hour ago, Yoremo said:

I was thinking about reading and researching about affirmations to help increase the amount of positivity in my self-talk, is this a good approach or would I be better of doing something else? I thought I´d read two books by shad helmstetter because it seems to align with what I want. Any thoughts?

Yes, do that, and everything & anything which is aligned with what you want. 

1 hour ago, Yoremo said:

I want to stop this bad cycle now so it won´t go too far and ending up with me being suicidal or super depressed, because I´m scared that I won´t be able to come out of it, even though I´m sure I would but I don´t want to try it.

Focusing on what you don’t want doesn’t result in any change. Focusing on what you do want does. Both are like vacuuming the floor, but only in the latter is the vacuum actually plugged in. 

If you’re really ready for all of this to change, and if you want to chat with me, know that’s what I want too. Anytime, no cost, just pm me. ?

I’d offer more here, but I think you have too much momentum going. I don’t think text is going to result in the change you desire. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE