Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guru Fat Bastard

What is it that appears as World?

3 posts in this topic

From Anandawood
"266
7. W H AT I S I T T H AT A P P E A R S A S W O R L D ?
"As soon as we wake up from deep sleep, the existence of a ready-made world –
including our own bodies – confronts us. To examine it closely, we utilize our sense
organs straightaway – one by one, relying on their superficial evidence without a
thought.
The organ of sight asserts that the world is only form and nothing else; the organ of
hearing that the world is only sound and nothing else; and so on. Each organ thus
asserts the world as its sole and particular object. In effect, each sense organ contra-
dicts the evidence of the other four organs, with equal force. This hopeless mess of
contradictory evidence, and the stubborn denial by each of the sense organs of the
others’ evidence, form positive proof of the falsity of this world – as it appears.
But all the while, the existence of a positive something is experienced without a
break, beyond the shadow of a doubt. This, on closer analysis, is found to be that
changeless, subjective ‘I’-principle or Consciousness itself".

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

I personally find these low quality posts. I expect a question and get some long quote with no opinion attached…

its hard to read 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art It's very, very good, sit with it a bit. I'll even translate it.

When you wake up from sleep, holy SHIT, there's a world! There's even a body, which you think to be you and separate from the world. 

In order to KNOW it we use our senses, without thinking about them or knowing them as senses. We don't know smelling as smelling, all we know is, "The dog farted again, holy shit, I need to find a higher quality dog food." 

According to the eyes and sight, everything is seen, according to ear, everything is sound. To the ears, there is no sight, this is incomprehensible. Because each organ only knows its own domain, this is proof that what it's saying is false. 

The experience of all senses combined without question asserts that this IS. There is something. 

On closer examination, or rather when we question it and cease to just believe it to be, it is revealed as You, consciousness, awareness itself without object, not two. 

Funny that the nature of perception would call the highest quality meaningless and accuse it of being low quality, but since you create quality, there are no qualities inherent in themselves. But I still need to find a higher quality dog food. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost