bazera

Psoriasis, how you handle it if you have it?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been having psoriasis for multiple years and haven't found a solution for It yet. Do any of you guys have it too? And if so, what solutions have you tried?

I tried 5 days of water fasting, 0 effects. Maybe 14+ days will do something but it's so hard to do that.

Also, I tried the carnivore diet for 2 weeks but it caused some bad digestive issues and I had to stop. 0 effects in that 2 weeks.

I tried juice detox for 2 weeks but didn't help.

I am not consistent with a healthy diet, maybe that's why and it needs months of a super clean healthy diet for it to reduce.

5 minutes ago, bazera said:

Also, I tried the carnivore diet for 2 weeks but it caused some bad digestive issues and I had to stop. 0 effects in that 2 weeks.

Could you elaborate more on this? 

1 hour ago, bazera said:

I am not consistent with a healthy diet, maybe that's why and it needs months of a super clean healthy diet for it to reduce.

I wouldn't underestimate the power of just having a healthy overall diet & lifestyle. A short term detox or fast can't heal an autoimmune condition that has been going on for years. To heal the long-term conditions, you have to be prepared for a long-term healing process. This means creating a diet & lifestyle that you can stick with for the rest of your life that will gradually reverse any imbalances and deficiencies. 

Basically any process that promises quick results (e.g. dry fast or a week long detox) is destined to fail eventually. 

I would avoid all drastic eliminations and restrictive approaches before putting the basics in place. Your day-to-day diet will be more important than any short term protocol as it creates the foundation of your entire cellular biochemistry. 

But to give you some practical aspects, psoriasis can be worsened by: 

• Vitamin D deficiency 
  • Fatty acid imabalance
  • Chronic stress
  • High sugar consumption 
  • Gut health problems (IMO this is a main contributor) 
  • environment (too cold, too hot, too dry) 
  • nutritional deficiencies 

Give make a shout if you'd like to chat about it 

But really it starts with commitment towards healthy diet. Cutting junk, cutting sugar, takeaways, pizzas, sweet drinks and all that stuff. And then regular anaerobic & aerobic exercise as well. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Opo It caused very bad constipation, basically taking a crap was super painful each time, for 3 days straight and I had to eat some veggies, it got fixed the next day.

@Michael569 Thanks, man. Yeah, I've been trying to clean the diet for the whole year but I had cheat days weekly, and some weeks I broke the diet entirely, so it was like a yo-yo diet, which didn't affect psoriasis at all. I guess I have to just bite the bullet and cut the junk out entirely. Maybe starting the ones you listed, junk, sugar, takeaways, pizzas and that kind of things, and maybe nightshades the next.