sir meowski

The Ego is God

25 posts in this topic

I just want to comment in a friendly way that I find this forum pretty amusing. I feel like I've wandered into a cult that I'm not part of. I see a lot of statements like:

God is love. Ego is god. All is one.

Do statements this abstract have any meaning? If I said "Spaghetti is love. All is spaghetti", would this be any less meaningful? It seems like the kind stuff you say when you're very high and think you're being profound, but really aren't saying anything. Not trying to be rude or a troll, just challenging.

"If an ego concludes that it's God, that's a very deluded and potentially dangerous ego. It's not your ego that realizes it's God, but your true essence. It might be more accurate to say God within you realizes it's God; the radiance realizes that you are the radiance."⠀

The ego is a mere byproduct of God. There is nothing but God.

The ego doesn't truly exist at all. It's just God pretending to be something else for a while, and there's nothing wrong with that. Illusion is fun especially if it's known to be so.

But to believe the accumulation of conceptual forms and distinctions that makes an ego is equivalent to the All (which has no distinctions) is nothing more than egotism and this will evidently play out in one's behaviours as a human being in a world. 

The ultimate thing would be to fully surrender to God, and stop acting like you're a big shot.

A big head annihilates the no head, but it can masquerade as not doing so.

The ego and God are only the same in the sense that the ego was never existent in the first place; just nothing pretending to be something else.

Nothing but God. Nothing but God.

On 28/11/2021 at 7:03 PM, Nahm said:

?? 

Never seen either of em. 

The only person who understood the message.

7 hours ago, Ry4n said:

There is nothing but God.

What is the upshot of this belief?  It sounds like a meaningless abstraction, or maybe a statement of nihilism. What are the consequences of this belief in your life?

1 hour ago, Space Lizard said:

What is the upshot of this belief?  It sounds like a meaningless abstraction, or maybe a statement of nihilism. What are the consequences of this belief in your life?

Any realisation that is spoken can appear to be a belief, doesn't make it so. In fact when one lets go of all beliefs, concepts and distinctions there is nothing left but _ . The consequence of such an understanding is a deep connection with all existence as existence, a sense of pure love and freedom from human projections of what life should or shouldn't be, but this can never be actualised if it is just a belief and nothing more as all beliefs are purely conceptual. Concepts are yet another form within the space, you're experiencing that right now as we speak. There's nothing abstract about it, this stillness is here right now and all experience is grounded in it. 

There is a dimension of being within you that is silent from which all experience can be possible. To believe this to be true as a concrete conclusion with zero experience to back it is in fact the thing that holds one back the most. It's actually impossible to even believe it without experience because pure concepts will never allow one to ever understand the slightest bit of it.

I should mention that it's more useful to ask questions  E.g:

What would it be like to stop naming and analysing everything in my experience? What if I just stopped trying to understand for once? What is it that is looking out of these eyes right now? What even am I at all? Is there really a stillness underlying my experience? What is it that is always here, what is it that never changes? When I look out at the world I do not see my head but only an empty space, what is that? Where do my thoughts arise from and die back into? What if I just let go a little bit more?