Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
integration journey

Medical school, Psychiatry, confusion and life purpose advice needed!

2 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura or anyone who is interested in responding 

My life purpose is to study people's lives to get an understanding on how to save and treat them

do you think that medical school might be a trap? I have that subtle feeling that it is but at the same time I don't to come off like I want to avoid hard work.

medical school + residency = almost 10 years and that's when you start paying your loans back...

I'm intrigued by psychedelic therapy and healing a lot but I don't know if going to medical school and doing a psychiatry residency will bring me closer to working on psychedelic therapy or it might be a trap..

10 years is a long fucking time honestly and I don't know if in 10 years I will regret going through this standardized long MD training or I will regret not doing it.

right now I'm between an MD and PA  career path, leaning towards PA. but I know I need to figure out my own niche somehow and I'm almost done with my bachelor and I turn 23 soon.

Any comments will be appreciated 

Thanks!

I’m a surgeon. Do not go the med school route unless there is nothing else you want to do. Not worth the debt and stress you will go through. You will need to sacrifice many parts of your life that others take for granted. Holidays don’t really exist if you work in a hospital. I sometimes wish I would have gone the PA route and eliminated the decision making stress I face on a daily basis. The money does very little in contributing to my day to day happiness