Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ina

MTHFR mutations and Covid Vaccine

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for information about MTHFR mutations and Covid Vaccine.  

I most likely have this mutation and the test is terribly expensive and even after seeing the results, I don't know if they are relevant to the vaccine.

As far and I've understood from what I've read on this forum is that these mutations were considered a health condition for which vaccines are not being recommended. But that was a post from one year ago, now I see that we don't have to worry about it.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, maybe someone would be able to share some knowledge on this topic.

I would really appreciate your help!

Wouldn't NOT taking it be irresponsible and low consciousness? You're basically keeping yourself a vector for the spread of the virus, endangering other people.

Not if it hurts your brain.

You can't assume everyone is the same. It depends on your health condition.

Edited by Ina

This is an interesting topic, thanks for shining the spotlight.

It is very possible that the allele causing the reduced function of MTHFR enzyme may lead to a buildup of homocysteine which could be a confounder in covid complication (not a correlate) I don't see why not. But I would be sceptical to what degree this is relevant in the bigger picture. Most people with this SNP will never find out as long as their dietary needs provide enough folic acid and B12 (crucial methylating cofactors). One's diet needs to be shit for a long time for these Single Nuclear Polymprophisms (SNPs) to kick in.  

I haven't seen anything about vaccine-induced MTHFR mutation and don't think this is possible (we'd need someone with background in genetics to explain or deny). MTHFR SNPs are defined by individual genetics and you would need a substance uncoiling the double helix, inserting itself in the human DNA without being picked off by white blood cells and then inducing a cascade of cellular changes. Again, someone with background in genetics might be able to clarify, dunno if we have someone on the forum. 

A more likely possibility is that MTHFR SNiPs can cause reduced levels of glutathione through deficiency in methylation and create higher susceptibility to complications in patients with poor health such as diabetics and people with CVD. But please do share if you find any relevant articles. I'm interested to explore this more. 

Here is an interesting summary https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7467063/

Btw the test for MTHFR alleles including the entire methylation panel should not cost more than 200-300 dollars. If you're concerned, might be worth is. The mutation is fairly rare tho so make sure you're not jumping on any antivax dogma on the internet. Always look at the bigger picture where bold claims are made. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I have some of the mutations. I had zero problems with the vaccine.

But that's just my experience. These mutations are complex so no two people are alike.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It’s been reported that Samuel L. Jackson has this mutation.  The BAD ASS MTHFR mutation.

Thank you very much for your answers.

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time. From what I understood I should take the test and consult results with a doctor. I hope to get vaccinated. I will pay special attention to detox before and after vaccination.