Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fearless_Bum

Letting go of Fear

7 posts in this topic

In my observation, I find that fear much like love, is misunderstood. 

Yesterday It hit me that fear doesn't need to be there, and it started leaving the body, the tensions have begun melting away now. (Not just a surface level "why be afraid?" , but a very REAL-ization of the uselessness of fear).

I notice that anytime I'm mad at my family or call them toxic or feel avoidant with them, it's really just fear. Why not just let it go? 

Fear has never helped or changed the situation, so like a useless tool, why not just throw it out right? 

There's something deep about fear, it's not just like surface level fears but it's a fundamental game of defensiveness. I notice that when fear arises, there is fear of the fear that is arising, so it's like an empty onion of fear if that makes sense. Or like defensiveness that just defends itself against the defensiveness and spirals into empty fear.

25 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Why not just let it go? 

I think people have an attachment to fear. Being afraid is a defense mechanism against death. When you let go of being afraid you stop clinging to your own life. Fear is what motivates the gazelle to run away from the lion. Without that it would be the lions lunch. 

28 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Fear has never helped or changed the situation, so like a useless tool, why not just throw it out right? 

I don't fear you're giving fear it's due credit here. Fear has it's uses which is why it exists. 

2 minutes ago, bloomer said:

I don't fear you're giving fear it's due credit here. Fear has it's uses which is why it exists. 

@bloomer for clarification, I'm speaking of fear as in misunderstanding. 

Not the release of adrenaline.

@Fearless_Bum

9 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@bloomer for clarification, I'm speaking of fear as in misunderstanding. 

So not being afraid is understanding? What are you understanding?