Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funkychunkymonkey

im sorry if this is out of context but...

3 posts in this topic

this is close as i can get to my situation. as i progress in my self actualization journey... i feel myself distancing from my parents. there was a point i was alone and on my own but because of two DUI's my parents took me back into the house (i could have easily said no and got another apartment) but now as i progress. i see my parents as such dogmatic people it sickens me (i know im not high in the chain of spiral dynamics) but im struggling to deal with it! i know its up to me to change how i view this situation, but im struggling :C its killing me, with a tear in my eye.... please help me... 

Small steps. You don't have to change all at once. Do something small to improve every day. 

"You Create Magic" 

I may be shooting in the dark here.

But is this the cycle you are going through: you feel anger due to the distance and the ability to connect with each other, then you think this issue will be resolved by changing your perspective, followed by another anger burst due to an external cause like an argument or an internal one like feeling distanced, then you feel the guilt. Soon you find this happening again. 

The above may be completely inaccurate, but if it accurate view of your situation then please let me know. Either way feel free to post here or contact me via a Private Message. Would love to chat with you. :)

The above cycle is relatively common in such circumstances. It produces self-inhibitory behavior and depression, while the cycle itself is perpetually self-fueling making it even worst. The only way is to recognize it and break the cycle itself.

Edited by captainamerica